#15 'Green's Alone' confusion

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Element UK
Reactions:

#15 'Green's Alone' confusion

Post by Element UK »

I finished the scenario with my Gen and 3 units on the objective. I held off the Reb attack but only attained 1580 pts with a Maj Defeat! Weird with Troops on High morale and resting.

Something tells me this scenario is not about beating the enemy and holding the objective but sussing out how the scoring is done...again!

Any help with how this is scored, would be superb gentlemen - thanks in advance.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Re: #15 'Green's Alone' confusion

Post by Hancock the Superb »

First: You need to control the objective. That is how you win. Don't worry about points, your orders are to defeat the enemy, not kill more of the enemy than yourself.

Second: In order to defeat the enemy, you need to be inventive. Figure out ways to punish them.
Hancock the Superb
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

This is my absolute least favorite scenario. It's all about controlling one spot on the map, not about the battle of Culp's Hill. You must maintain control of the objective, while trying to kill as many of the enemy as you safely can. It's all about micro-positioning of your men. Don't get your regiments routed. You can call for help from your superior. Do so frequently. He will sometimes respond and send troops to help you out.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Element UK
Reactions:

Post by Element UK »

So do not move from where you start basically, staying on the objective - ouch.

"Call for help" - are you just flowering up the game so to speak? How would I do that unless it's purely coincdental in that extra troops come and get involved.

Cheers guys. Sounds like I'm going to need another full brigade if I can't move lol.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Element UK wrote:
"Call for help" - are you just flowering up the game so to speak? How would I do that unless it's purely coincdental in that extra troops come and get involved.
If you can win this one without receiving help from other troops, you're a better general than I. You have to use the courier system to ask for assistance.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

You have to use the courier system to ask for assistance.
And MTG has written a great guide to using the courier system. See post #6 in this thread:
www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/hits-headquar ... hits-guide
The last bit is about asking for support.
Element UK
Reactions:

Post by Element UK »

I had no idea you could call for help using courier. Woh - no wonder I was getting swamped.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

I had no idea you could call for help using courier. Woh - no wonder I was getting swamped.
When I discovered for the first time the courier screen´s number of orders I was owerhelmed! It is very rich.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

Yes, but note MTG's caveat:
You can call for help from your superior. Do so frequently. He will sometimes respond and send troops to help you out.
:(
Last edited by Blaugrana on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Yes, but note MTG's caveat:
You can call for help from your superior. Do so frequently. He will sometimes respond and send troops to help you out.
:(
I guess It will depend of the reserves at his disposal.
Last edited by Gudadantza on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.