Game Will Not Load

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Wetworth
Reactions:

Game Will Not Load

Post by Wetworth »

I am trying to play the game in demo mode. When I open the game there is a sound like a Snapple bottle opening and a brief flash of a screen that says "initializing" in yellow text... then nothing, black screen with no sound for infinity.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a Lenovo T420, 8GB ram, Intel core i5-2520 @ 2.5 ghz with a Nvidia nvs 4200m grphics card.

I've tried running as the admin and various compatibility modes.
ADukes
Reactions:

Re: Game Will Not Load

Post by ADukes »

You have to select the right graphic processor: http://netbooknetwork.net/2010/force-nv ... a-optimus/
Wetworth
Reactions:

Post by Wetworth »

The graphic card is the default setting, so this had no effect. I tried changing the settings for the graphics card but this didn't work either.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Hmmm.. I would keep tweaking your graphics card, possibly do a google search for any issues with this particular card with certain games. Also try uninstalling the demo re-downloading, and re-installing just in case something got corrupted. That's a long shot, but it wont hurt to rule it out.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

The graphic card is the default setting
And for the 'Program Settings' too?
Wetworth
Reactions:

Post by Wetworth »

Yeah, I've set the program to use the graphics card, not the intergrated graphics. What excatly does the MD5 tool do? I was trying to verify various things, the downloaded fils / installed files etc, but nothing matches the codes from the downloads page.

Nothing I have tried has caused any differance. There is a brief flash of a loading screen (0.1 sec or so) then it goes black and nothing happens. There's no crash, and I can use my windows key to go back to the desktop, but the only way to close the program is using the task manager.

I've tried the base game, patches 1.3 and 1.4. All of my drivers are up to date, and switching between the graphics card and intergrated graphics makes no difference. A google search has results for linux problems and "is this a gaming laptop?" threads which aren't helpful.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I'm guessing here, but set your Graphics Card - to its default settings.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Wetworth
Reactions:

Post by Wetworth »

Here's a quick vid of the issue.

http://youtu.be/0OMPMAEuL1M
Last edited by Wetworth on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You might try editing your Work/sowgb.ini file. Try replacing the following settings there with these. This should be at the top of the file.

[Initialization]
Full Screen=1
Screen Res=0
AntiA=0
Anso=0
MipMaps=1
Wetworth
Reactions:

Post by Wetworth »

That file was the same except the line "MipMaps=1" was missing, however it didn't work.

I did find a text file named SOWGB; this was all that was in it:

Game Launched
15:41:36 Version:SOWGB1.3010
15:41:41 Loading Defined Lists
15:41:41 Initializing
Last edited by Wetworth on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo