Christmas Trees!!

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
norb
Reactions:

Christmas Trees!!

Post by norb »

Let's see them if you got them.
Last edited by norb on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironsight
Reactions:

Re:Christmas Trees!!

Post by ironsight »

This is one of many xmas type trees on my property. This one here is one of the few that would fit in my house though.
Been tempted to cut it down about this time every year...Nahh!

Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Don't even have one yet here.
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You can decorate that one right where it is. Don't cut it down. I wish I had some on my property to decorate. I do remember when I was younger that we didn't have the money to buy a tree, so we took one from our property. But we had a lot of them back then.

I love trimming the tree. Every ornament has a story. The kids are just so excited and love telling the stories. With my Mother and Grandmother both now gone, we have a lot of memories in the ornaments from them. We have this one santa ornament that just looks evil! We call it Satan Clause :) My Mom gave it to us, so it gets a place facing the wall every year. We also write down who did the cresh and angel, so each kid gets their turn on Christmas Eve remembering what it's really all about.

I have a Jewish neighbor and he sets up a tree just because he loves them. My Jewish bud from highschool also has a tree cause he married a Gentile Woman! :) It's a great season whether you take it as a religious holiday or just appreciate the spirit of giving.
louie raider
Reactions:

Post by louie raider »

i don't seem to have a pic of our tree but i can look for pics from last year, it'll look exactly the same... it's an artificial tree.
this space for rent
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Yah Norb Christmas really brightens up kids eyes. Christmas to me anymore is just another day unfortunately. But you somewhat re-kindled that old xmas spirit back with these trees.
No i wouldn't cut that tree down. And for decorating it, its way way back on the north end of my property about a couple thousand yards from any human habitat or road. Maybe the deers and coyotes would appreciate it decorated or might scare them off.

I looked over some of my old photos i took on my property over the years for xmas type trees and here are some of em. Merry Christmas to all.

My backyard with a line of wind breaker evergreens taken after a blizzard last Winter:

Closeup of the tree:

If you look close, there an evergreen in the center taken in a meadow in my woods:

A couple more old pics of misc. trees on my property:

norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

That's some pretty land. You've got a great view.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Thanks Norb, its great living out here except for the fact i can't get DSL out here.
To give an idea where that first tree is, here's a pic i took a couple years ago from my back yard. That tree is well beyond my woods in the distance. Like i said only the deer and coyotes would appreciate it being decorated. :)

Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Good place for a CIVIL WAR BATTLE!

Where do you live?
Hancock the Superb
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Hancock Wrote:Good place for a CIVIL WAR BATTLE!
Now that you mention it, in that last pic i posted i could easily envision Pickett's Brigades marching out of those woods on the 3rd day of Gburg. :dry:

However i think the county Sheriff would be out here in force complete with his SWAT team with their AR-15's and such!
Pickett wouldn't have a chance all over again!:silly: