Any group that only plays with Courier?

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
shi4stone
Reactions:

Any group that only plays with Courier?

Post by shi4stone »

I have recently trying to start play MP for a more immersive experience. And I was pretty excited to find how active and friendly it is in the GCM group. However, it is just not what I expected to see battle played out with walkie-talkie equipped generals. :P
I am still looking forward to a game where letters are written and misunderstood by subordinates, and all the chaos that might happen.. :P So where are you courier guys?
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: Any group that only plays with Courier?

Post by Martin James »

Have just sent you a private message.

Our group plays MP games using couriers and HITS (headquarters in the saddle). Camera, map, & courier settings are adjusted so you only have the information real generals would have had. TeamSpeak communication is allowed, but *only* if you are together on the battlefield.

At the moment we have 20 members, mainly in the US & UK, although only about half are particularly active. We are really just starting out.

You would be very welcome to join us, and so would anyone else of a like mind :)

Martin
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

Also check out this comment in Michael's thread: -this-friday-or-saturday-game-of-3vs3-or-4vs4

General P R Cleburne wrote:
I was at SOW lobby chatting to some Italian Generals Mitra and Legio and some of the GCM guys came in and asked if we wanted to fight a battle couriers only by brigade.We managed to get some new guys in and fought a 5v5 battle.Alot of fun and great to get some more new players involved.
Last edited by Blaugrana on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olszowy
Reactions:

Post by Olszowy »

We like to play courier only, but tend to fight 3 hr long corps level battles and give a little bit more view than saddle, but not much. We start with large map with ~10000 strength corps and supporting artillery. Once in while someone wants to play cav. Locations are randomized and the goal is to link up with your fellow human controlled corps commanders and do violence upon them before they do violence to you. Trees must stay on.
Would be nice if we could save MP battles in progress and fight longer fights...
Armistead
Reactions:

Post by Armistead »

Can you also send me that link as well So that I may join the battle..thank you in advance
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

Hello Armistead,

Try this link it has the ts links,

http://norbsoftdev.net/forum/mp-forum/4 ... d-couriers

our U.K. guys come on the ts server around 1:30 CST most weekdays, then theres a another game that starts

about 6:00 to 6:30 CST, usually a couple of U.S. guys.

All you need is to be patched-up, the rest we can figure-out then.

*s*
Last edited by CoB4thTEXAS on Tue May 01, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Armistead, here is the forum where our HITS & Couriers group meets to arrange games:

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/f32-scourge-of-war

You'll find the Teamspeak server information several posts from the top.

SoW players are also welcome to sign up for the fictional Valley Campaign we have just started.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.