Built in skill level.

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
william1993
Reactions:

Built in skill level.

Post by william1993 »

With them Antietam battle scenarios, they have built in difficulties, mostly grognard-historical. Is there any way to change them or were they made like that?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Built in skill level.

Post by Little Powell »

Most of the Antietam scenarios are indeed difficult, but we always like to keep the scenarios challenging. This is mostly because we chose the engagements that historically, the forces you are commanding lost or got beat up bad, so we want you the player to try and re-create history and win.

You can always lower the difficulty to militia or untrained if you are having trouble with a scenario.

Also I'll be releasing my brigade pack soon. It has some easier ones for newer players.
Chris G.
Reactions:

Post by Chris G. »

Hey LP, I have read that at Antietam, Gen'l Lee had to position himself at a place on the field, so as to be able to personally control the movements and dispositions of the Army of Northern Virginia...I'd venture to guess that when the outcome is so much in doubt, that you don't completely trust the decisions of a couple of guys named Longetreet and Jackson...the fighting is fairly desperate and the situation is indeed HARD ;)
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Chris,

My guess is you're right. When seconds count, and you're badly outnumbered, personal control trumps interpretaion of orders.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"