Antietam Flag Mod

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Antietam Flag Mod

Post by RebBugler »

An observation and a question regarding the flag mods in the Sharpsburg scenarios.

Observation: VA flag is incomplete with the prostrate body under the blood dripping sword.

Question: To the best of my info, the Confederate artillery did not have swallow tail flags; rather they carried the traditional battle flag, usually smaller, just as the infantry and cavalry did. Interestingly, the "Arms and Equipment of the Confederacy" show photos of M/G Bradley Johnson's Maryland Brigade swallow or forktailde, guidon and General Samuel French's Army of Tennesee divisional swallow tail flag.

Hope this is helpful in correcting the flag mod.

Thanks

Jack
Yeah, the arty guidons are presented for gameplay...easy to distinguish guns. Also, I could not find any information about arty flags at Antietam except as you mentioned...smaller versions of the 2nd bunting. I'll be glad to whip up some historic arty flags for this conflict, but I need info, send me a pic. :)

Regarding the Virginia flag, hmmm, found lots of Virginia flags for the era, liked this one for Antietam. If you know the specific design that was at Antietam, send me a pic. :)

Thanks, appreciate your feedback as always Sir
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...