Antietam AM Map & Sandbox Play

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Antietam AM Map & Sandbox Play

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

The Antietam Morning map is not the best choice for sandbox play. Much of the time one army or the other will start west of the Potomac River. It takes a verrrry long time to cross it and the men are quite exhausted after their swim. In addition some units are initially placed in the river, (hope everyone can tread water). Fords across it would have been helpful. :(
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Antietam AM Map & Sandbox Play

Post by Little Powell »

There are fords and bridges across the creek, but none across the Potomac. It's just a necessary evil given the layout of the area. The code randomly places troops around the map and right now there's no way to keep it from placing troops in a river occasionally. Maybe something we can look into for the future, but for now, it's best to just reload until you find a good setup. I think it just adds to the challenge personally.. :evil:
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

A better solution would be to supply the map csv file. That way we can mod the movement and fatigue levels when crossing that river. It does not affect combat since battles aren't usually fought at the map edges.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah, we have been discussing possible solutions this morning... Thanks for bringing it up MTG.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Maybe you could make it so you can't cross the Potomac except at fords. You guys managed to do it for one of the maps at TC2M. I remember you couldn't cross the Bull Run except at a few fords.
Hancock the Superb