Pipe Creek installer re-download?

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Pipe Creek installer re-download?

Post by voltigeur »

Just about to uninstall my SOW and do a fresh install. But I don't have my original Pipe Creek installer (although I have the email and sn, the link to dl is dead however).

Is there a way I can re-download the PC installer again?

cheers
Chris G.
Reactions:

Re: Pipe Creek installer re-download?

Post by Chris G. »

I have the same issue. Uninstalled everything when i was bringing everything up to date (the patch, Antietam, etc.) was gonna do clean re-installs and clicked on the link in my Pipe Creek e-mail and the link was dead. I went ahead and backed up and saved everything else to my rig (Sow, the patch, Antietam) if I'm able to get a good Pipe Creek link, I'll add it too. I'd even re-purchase if that's what it takes, but I'll wait and see what Norb and crew advise first.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

That's something I don't understand. Why would you want to uninstall the game?

Just follow the instructions of the readme:
If you need to reinstall the game you don't have to uninstall it, just reinstall the base game and then the latest patch over the current installation.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We outsource the sale of these items to separate stores. I believe that their links are limited and I'm pretty sure their instructions say as much. You have to make a backup copy when you purchase the game. Just save it somewhere or burn it to a CD.
Chris G.
Reactions:

Post by Chris G. »

No problems Norb. I'll just purchase it again and back-up afterwards.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

Ok fair enough. I do find it a tad surprising you can't distribute your own IP though, especially when it's protected by serial number.

When I upgrade my machine I will have to buy another copy of the scenarios I guess.

cheers
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

It's more of a matter of how much our small team working part time can deal with. We outsource this part of the business and pay a fee for the service so that we do not have to handle the sales and collection of data or distribution of the keys/installer. They do offer an extended download, but it's way too expensive, much easier to just back it up yourself.

I would like to know whether or not this is clear on the email download link you received? Did it state how long the link would be active and how many times you could use it? I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I just would like your honest opinion on how well this information was presented please.

We have had issues where people could not download and they were able to email the store support and get a new link.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

Just reading the email it gives a date when the download link will expire, and in the second section it advises to back up the install file as well. It's all pretty clear.

I knew I hadn't done my normal backup with this file so I was in the wrong, but did not try their service first to see if I could get a link again, as I figured you guys would have it here anyway.

Lesson is - backup everything and don't assume!

cheers and thanks for the game series :)
corsin84
Reactions:

Post by corsin84 »

I understand that I too have lost the right to use PIPE CREEK, because by installing "Antietam" I had problems with activation. Did not understand English too (I use google translate). The problems I have with these games too frequently ordered (foreign) for download, will force me to stop buying them maniere.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Map packs do not harm game's activation and activation problems won't affect any installed map pack.