Just a quick word......

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Just a quick word......

Post by Little Powell »

Some good tips there Keeler. :)

The scenarios I've played through so far have been well-balanced and inspired, to a degree that it's hard to believe this is the release version.
Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean hard to believe it's the same game?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Keelerwrote:
The first time I tried this scenario I knew immediately I had to get to the fence first, but I just sat there in awe and waited too long.
That's exactly what I did. :laugh: The changing light had me mesmerized. Well done Norb. By the time I snapped back to reality, the enemy had made it to the fence. That objective really needs to be held for the entire time. Does the lighting affect the arty sight-distance? They see the enemy out to 600 yd as soon the sky goes from pitch black to dark grey. That's long before I can see them.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Keelerwrote:
The first time I tried this scenario I knew immediately I had to get to the fence first, but I just sat there in awe and waited too long.
That's exactly what I did. :laugh: The changing light had me mesmerized. Well done Norb. By the time I snapped back to reality, the enemy had made it to the fence. That objective really needs to be held for the entire time. Does the lighting affect the arty sight-distance? They see the enemy out to 600 yd as soon the sky goes from pitch black to dark grey. That's long before I can see them.
The sight distance is also scripted to change along with the sunrise. It starts at only 30 yards sight distance, and it gradually gets higher to full sight distance as the sun rises.
Keeler
Reactions:

Post by Keeler »

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean hard to believe it's the same game?
It's a compliment. I'm accustomed to strategy game developers, even those using an existing engine, needing several patches and 18 months to get that right feel. This one has it right out of the box.
"Thank God, I thought it was a New York Regiment." - Major J.A. Blair, 2nd Mississippi, upon learning he had surrendered his command to the 6th Wisconsin.

I was not a Wisconsin soldier, and have not been honorably discharged, but at the judgment day I want to be with Wisconsin soldiers. -John Gibbon, responding to a reunion invitation.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

It's a compliment. I'm accustomed to strategy game developers, even those using an existing engine, needing several patches and 18 months to get that right feel. This one has it right out of the box.
Understood, thanks for the kind words.

Also my hats off to the testers. They tested these scenarios hard from the start and provided excellent feedback for fine tuning.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.