Re: Road to Wagram & Peninsular with B&F Toolbar

Grog
Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic Wars mod Toolbar

Post by Grog »

Reb

Great work but it does SEEM Tacloban is right (unless I am also missing something too)

I have the same problem with Inf reg toolbar. Austrian and French Legere regs are unaffected.

Is this def working for you?

EDIT: This relates to the Hosting File changes only. The Non-hosting mod works fine.

Also,

Any chance we can have Brit regiments 2deep line (historical), not 3deep .

If it is not possible to have 2 different line formations, I, personally, would still choose a 2deep over 3 for all nations.

Perhaps different settings for the Peninsular mod??

Also :whistle: Is 'D'order mixed' still availible for French brigades?

Thanks
Last edited by Grog on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Grog,

No, it's either 2 deep or 3 deep firing lines. The game does not allow for both. Possibly different settings for the Peninsula. It's really just a change in the Formations.csv file. Have to check with Gunship on this. Yes, l'order Mixte is still there for French Brigades and others.

Jack B)

Note - All other nations used a 3 deep firing line during this period. The French changed to a 2 deep line late in the wars when their manpower was running out, but it was too late for it to be effective.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Thanks Jack

I can live with 3 deep Brit lines. A fire effect bonus will suffice.

At least the Div Columns look more menacing when 3 deep.

One thing I would like to have is a Brigade formation where there are two rows of Div columns, with the lateral space between being wide enough for either row to deploy into line without difficult manauovre.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb

Great work but it does SEEM Tacloban is right (unless I am also missing something too)

I have the same problem with Inf reg toolbar. Austrian and French Legere regs are unaffected.

Is this def working for you?

EDIT: This relates to the Hosting File changes only. The Non-hosting mod works fine.

Also,

Any chance we can have Brit regiments 2deep line (historical), not 3deep .

If it is not possible to have 2 different line formations, I, personally, would still choose a 2deep over 3 for all nations.

Perhaps different settings for the Peninsular mod??

Also :whistle: Is 'D'order mixed' still availible for French brigades?

Thanks
OK, Thanks, so something's amiss. Can't find it so just redid the complete copy file to include the entire Logistics folder. Also I reworded the install ReadMe instructions. So, please re download and try again folks: Nap_Wargram_B&F_Toolbar_Files

Link on first post is also updated.

Regarding the double lines for the British forces only I'm pretty sure it is doable. The easy part would be to make double lines the default for them in the unitcommon file. The hard part would be to include their own unique toolbar in the gui...may be some hurtles to overcome here. ADukes would know if this is feasible, maybe he'll weigh in.

'D'order mixed' is included. It is split with the 'Brigade Square' where the Skirmish formation used to be.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

The brits can fight in 2 deep, but requires new infantry formations from Division, Brigade and unit. It can be done easily if its firing all you want but then they will deploy 3 deep and fire 2 deep so there would be spacing issues when they did that.

It was much easier to keep everything to use the one set of formations, but maybe something for an update.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I inserted Nap_toolbar_files into Road to Wagram mod folder (not Peninsular mod). My infantry toolbar is fubar'd. Officers, cav, and arty toolbars all look better. Just infantry has this problem.
NapMPtoolbar.jpg
What unit is this from the division level? Which sandbox OOB?

I think I found the problem, gotta fix the gui again, so last update is still wrong. Please identify this unit for me to test, can't find Brits anywhere, I'm a lost Rebel in EuropeLande. :ohmy:
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

There are no Brits in Road to Wagram. That unit is from the peninsular mod.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Yes, that could be my problem. I was using the Peninsular mod. The screenshot is from the OOB_SB_NAP_Albuera (2,1,1,1,1,1). I apologize for all the frustration and work I put you through.
Last edited by Tacloban on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

No problem at all Tac, that report showed an error on my part. New updates are up, both files, first post, think I've got it solved, check all Nap mods please folks...Thanks
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Well, after finally checking out the peninsular mod, problems in Napville. The peninsular mod is almost totally unique to Wargram, so, no toolbar for it as it won't function properly along with the Wargram B&F toolbar version. I will re title this thread and make this statement for now:
the peninsular mod is not compatible to the Wargram toolbar link.

Making a similar toolbar for the peninsular mod would take quite a while, and I'm not sure the demand is there anyway, or, if I can spend the time. Another negative, Gunship will be constantly doing updates, and the toolbar would gradually become obsolete with each change unless I keep up with it...and this is something I really can't commit to at this time.

Least I've got one for Wargram, and I'll try to update it as demand asks, and time permits.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.