Intersting Gettysburg information

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Amish John
Reactions:

Intersting Gettysburg information

Post by Amish John »

First of all, the reason I'm not putting this in the "Off Topic" portion of the forums is because I have a suspicion it may be directly related to the upcoming game. The Gettysburg Daily website http://www.gettysburgdaily.com/ topic for today is the McPherson Farm and the Bucktails who fought there on the first day.

Some of the details of the farmstead, including common misconceptions about the wartime layout and structures of the farm are discussed along with a couple videos by a GB licensed guide. Good information for those of us who may be commanding troops there in 2009.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Re:Intersting Gettysburg information

Post by BOSTON »

AMISH JOHN

Good job! It does look familiar..;) { like in the preview}.

hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

We are finally getting somewhere!
Hancock the Superb
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

That's a pretty depressing blog. I was reading some of the posts about the development around the area (roads, the Comfort Inn). I always hate to see it when battlefields start to lose their preservation. Especially Gettysburg when it's supposed to be the best preserved battlefield in the country.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Yep, those old battlefields seem to be slowly giving way to progress. I understand the Manassas battlefield is in the most danger.
All in all the Antietam and Shiloh battle fields were in decent condition if one disregards all the monuments and towers. Of course that was 10 or 12 years ago when i last visited them. I have no idea how they look today or if urban sprawl has krept in.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Antietam has to be the best battlefield still because it is a one day job, and it is still well preserved.
Hancock the Superb