Couriers

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Couriers

Post by Gfran64 »

If we capture/kill a courier in MP will we be able to read all or part of his message?

Greg:)
BOSTON
Reactions:

Re:Couriers

Post by BOSTON »

Interesting!:)
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Gfran64 wrote:
If we capture/kill a courier in MP will we be able to read all or part of his message?

Greg:)
I assume in MP the messages will be actual messages composed by the players and not the generic type messages in TC2M. Therfore, the MP messages would possibly have much more valuable information rather than something like "move to the position indicated on the map", etc.

Which brings up a question for the NSD team. Are you planning on having a more sophisticated single player message system than in TC2M? It seemed in TC2M there were about twenty messages you could receive and sometimes you seemed to receive messages one after the other in fairly rapid succession.

Back on the MMG forums, at one point we had discussed with either Norb or Adam, I believe, the use of a period script for the messages rather than a message than looked like it had been composed on a typewriter. Also, please no ragged parchment looking paper.
Last edited by Amish John on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Greg Wrote: If we capture/kill a courier in MP will we be able to read all or part of his message?
Only if he didn't eat it first! :laugh:
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Couriers weren't captured that often, if they met an enemy regiment, they would turn around and head through the woods.
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

My current plans are to allow a captured couriers messages to be read in MP.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

norb wrote:
My current plans are to allow a captured couriers messages to be read in MP.
Better watch out now Hancock!:lol:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Excellent, although I think there should be a percentage of messages that get destroyed or only a percentage of messages that can be read. As Hancock said the message boy would have either destroyed the message or turned and went the other way before they could be captured.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

estabu2 wrote:
Excellent, although I think there should be a percentage of messages that get destroyed or only a percentage of messages that can be read. As Hancock said the message boy would have either destroyed the message or turned and went the other way before they could be captured.
"Message Boy"????
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.