The Full Battle of Antietam

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

The Full Battle of Antietam

Post by Little Powell »

I would just like to mention that one of the scenarios included in the upcoming Antietam battle pack will be the Full 11 Hour battle from the Confederate side. All forces are available to you as they were historically. Events will happen as they did historically, with variants of course.

Initial testing has been producing some awesome results. The scenario plays out quite historically and you really have to be on your game or you will be easily overrun. You must shift your forces around the field to meet the attacks without putting all of your eggs in one basket, just as Lee did.
WriterJWA
Reactions:

Re: The Full Battle of Antietam

Post by WriterJWA »

Are there plans for a full-on scenario from the Union side?
"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."

"If you see the President, tell him from me that whatever happens there will be no turning back."

Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, 1864
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

There's a full Union Army scenario, but it isn't the full 11 hour day. I'll let RebBugler go into details though as he's the designer.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

How would you simulate the extra 80,000 confederates McClellan saw?
WriterJWA
Reactions:

Post by WriterJWA »

How would you simulate the extra 80,000 confederates McClellan saw?
Rebel zombies. It could be a mod! :lol:
"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."

"If you see the President, tell him from me that whatever happens there will be no turning back."

Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, 1864
13thnct
Reactions:

Post by 13thnct »

True story: as it turns out, McClellan was under the mistaken impression that the sprite ratio was set to 1:10 instead of 1:1 :silly: . Looking forward to all of the new scenarios and maps! Keep up the excellent work guys!
Last edited by 13thnct on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

True story: as it turns out, McClellan was under the mistaken impression that the sprite ratio was set to 1:10 instead of 1:1 :silly: . Looking forward to all of the new scenarios and maps! Keep up the excellent work guys!
Now that's funny. :lol:
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I would like to say, because Little Powell won't, that he is the designer of this scenario and it promises to be great.

He and RebBugler have produced a terrific lineup of scenarios which will challenge and entertain you for a long time. Those guys don't get enough credit and my hat is off to them.

Enjoy.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
bafonetto
Reactions:

Post by bafonetto »

I would just like to mention that one of the scenarios included in the upcoming Antietam battle pack will be the Full 11 Hour battle from the Confederate side. All forces are available to you as they were historically. Events will happen as they did historically, with variants of course.
This means that the scenario contains "all" the map of Antietam?
If I have not misunderstood, this expansion is "historical"!
It will be interesting to emulate Lee!
Good job!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

This means that the scenario contains "all" the map of Antietam?
If I have not misunderstood, this expansion is "historical"!
It will be interesting to emulate Lee!
Good job!
Yes, the map of Antietam is 5x5 miles. It covers all the areas of action plus some. There will be two versions, a morning map and an afternoon map which are basically the same map, but with different scenery.
Last edited by Little Powell on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.