Road to Wargram and Peninsular Mod - Updated 1.6

gunship24
Reactions:

Road to Wargram and Peninsular Mod - Updated 1.6

Post by gunship24 »

Road to Wargram and Peninsular Mod

The Napoleonic conversion can be found in this thread:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/napole ... -sp-and-mp

This is an updated version that combines the previous seperate Road to Wagram and Peninsular Mod into one mod that can be used in multiplayer as well as the normal single player.

Notes on Artillery
Austrian artillery is considered inferior to the French equivalent and there effective ranges are reduced, for example the Austrian 6-pdr has an effective range of around 400yards compared to the French 550yards.

Notes on Cavalry
To use cavalry move them around like you would any unit. They will auto charge at 100yards so move them to within that range of the unit you want to them to charge. Due to the lack of squares cavalry has been made more fragile than perhaps they were to balance the game play out. All cavalry do not dismount.

Tip - cavalry will be reluctent to charge if severely out numbered. Take Command of the unit and use the charge button to ensure the unit charges.

Note on infantry
Most muskets have a range of 120yards. Most French ligne units can not skirmish as they have 'detached' voltigeurs for this. The size of the battalions in this campaign are very large (most Austrian ones were up to 1200) so i have split most of them up and have used a (1) or (2) in their name to represent this. This means that armies will occupy the correct amount of space on the battlefield.

List of Ranks
FrenchAustrianBavarian/Wurttenberg
ColColonelOberstOberst
Brig GenGeneral de Brigade (GdB)GeneralmajorGeneralmajor (GM)
Maj GenGeneral de Division (GdD)Feldmarschallleutant (FML)Generalleutant (GL)
Lt GenMaréchal d´EmpireFeldzeugmeister (Inf)-
General de Kavallerie (Cav)
Please leave feedback for improvements.

Big thank you to the Lordz modding team to allow use of some of their textures. B)
Last edited by gunship24 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic download link

Post by born2see »

Right on Gunship! We've all been waiting for this with bated breath. Maybe we can get the map guys to produce some maps for this. And how about some scenarios?

Nice work.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

gunship24 – You are truly a One-man-Show – this should keep the Napoleon crowd busy.

Excellent Job!

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

This is all I'm getting...I'm using version 7 of Firefox, and I get nothing showing up for Explorer.
The attachment nothing.jpg is no longer available
Maybe mister timpko will allow you to have an ftp account on his site.
Attachments
nothing.jpg
nothing.jpg (54.7 KiB) Viewed 830 times
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Bless you my Brother!!!! Downloading it even as we speak!!

En Avant, Mon Enfants!!

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

G,

So here it is so far - Downloaded the mod. NP. Installed the entire thing straight into the Mods section. NP. Everything appears to load up fine. Press the space bar and it crashes. The little window comes up and says "SOWGB has stopped working..." etc.

Question - Are we supposed load the folders into other, existing ones, rather than stuff all of it into the Mods section? Also, I am running Windows 7. Could that make a difference?

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

having some trouble. unzipped to mods folder, loaded up the game,loaded mod... long story short i get to 'press space bar to continue' everything loads i see a glimpse of terrain then ctd . no file in the work folder . running windows xp. no other mods running.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Jack,

I'm running Windows 7. I had no problem. I extracted the mod. Selected it in the Mod section of the game. Went into Sandbox. Chose the Kansas map. Picked Brigade vs. Brigade. Picked some French Brigade commander. Started the game and it worked fine.

I see Beef Stu is having a similar problem.

Not much help I'm afraid except it does work for me.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Born,

Will try a different map. Tried a brigade sized action. No luck. Will try downloading the mod again. Good to know somneone has it working.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Ran the download again and installed to Mods section. Ran it up - no joy. Press space bar and ctd. Damn...
Even rebooted to check. Stock game runs fine. THoughts?

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"