Welcome New Map Team

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Re: Welcome New Map Team

Post by kg_sspoom »

Beat me to it L.P I was going to suggest New Market =)
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

A good brigade-sized action map would be Belmont. Another one could be Ball's Bluff.
Nice ideas. We'll also have to explore the idea of SR1 Maps. In other words, maps made to 1:1 scale. Of course they'll have to be small battle fields but there are plenty of those. New Market would be a good one.
For small actions with SR1, how about the defense of the Wrightsville bridge? Of course, you have to go back to the better water graphics TC2M had (which I'd like to see in SOWGB).

Here's a link: http://www.gettysburgdaily.com/?p=5890
Last edited by Amish John on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
WriterJWA
Reactions:

Post by WriterJWA »

A good brigade-sized action map would be Belmont. Another one could be Ball's Bluff.
Nice ideas. We'll also have to explore the idea of SR1 Maps. In other words, maps made to 1:1 scale. Of course they'll have to be small battle fields but there are plenty of those. New Market would be a good one.
The Iron Brigade at Brawner's Farm just prior to 2nd Manassas.
"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."

"If you see the President, tell him from me that whatever happens there will be no turning back."

Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, 1864
X Navy Seal
Reactions:

Post by X Navy Seal »

FREDERICKSBURG
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

This is a good solution to the release the map editing thing, and sure would'nt mind if they could come with some sort of campaign map, fictional or historical, for SP or MP or both, (if it's even possible?).

i know already i'll be happy with any maps these gentlemen will create.
Zeke
Reactions:

Welcome New Map Team

Post by Zeke »

SOW + these guys ....their maps will be something to behold!!!

as for a maps I'd would love to see...Perryville
Last edited by Zeke on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

Welcome guys!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

For small actions with SR1, how about the defense of the Wrightsville bridge? Of course, you have to go back to the better water graphics TC2M had (which I'd like to see in SOWGB).

Here's a link: http://www.gettysburgdaily.com/?p=5890
Good one. The Wrightsville bridge would be cool to model.

There are also lots of small cavalry battles that would work great in 1:1. Especially during the Gettysburg campaign. An Aldie, Middleburg, and Upperville pack would be cool.
Mazikainen
Reactions:

Post by Mazikainen »

a valley campaign.. err.. campaign game would be nice. Many small battlefields with carryover scenarios and a set of small, quick pickup MP game maps as a bonus.
Willard
Reactions:

Post by Willard »

Hopefully this would be easy given all the work already done, but how about releasing the CWBR and TC2M maps? I would guess that those maps won't interfere with any future release since they are already out and it would greatly expand the map library.