"Green" regiments question

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
conjotter
Reactions:

"Green" regiments question

Post by conjotter »

Hi folks.

How will the game deal with the large "green" union regiments that fought at Antietam. Some of these I think were about the same size or larger than some of the depleted rebel brigades. And will all the green regiments be rated as being poor quality?

And will there be some "what if" scenarios? One wonders what would have happened that day if the union had hit the rebel left with a coordinated attack with the I and XII corps with cavalry support. Or if McClellan had been hit by a stray bullet at the start of the battle!

Looking forward to the new release.

Regards, CJ.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: "Green" regiments question

Post by Little Powell »

The green Union regiments are rated as untrained, militia, etc. Yes there are a lot of them but their superior numbers make up for it.. The OOB has turned out to be pretty balanced and the scenarios are playing out quite historical with those big union regiments fighting against the small veteran Rebel regiments.. The green regiments won't be poor quality though. That's something that happens when their morale drops after fighting.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Is it time to start a separate Antietam area of the forum?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I could start a pinned topic. But I think it makes sense to keep it in the Add-Ons section without making a new section, just how Pipe Creek is.