GB20 "To the Right" How Did You Beat it?

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
born2see
Reactions:

Re: GB20 "To the Right" How Did You Beat it?

Post by born2see »

Thanks MTG.

I did beat Sickles Stays Home. My problem is getting enough Combat points. I've been within 300 twice now but not with your strategy. Both time I ran out of enemy units and couldn't get enough points.

I've never tried going to the RTs.

I'll let you know how it works out. It's the last one I need.

Thanks

- George

PS: Do I really have to attack? I hate that word. :(
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

born2see lamented:
PS: Do I really have to attack? I hate that word.
Yes you do, George. Yes you do. :laugh:
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

MTG is right, a corps commander needs to understand the rhythm of the battle. This is a great scenario to show your timing abilities...when to start your counterpunch, etc. As a corps commander, you need to think in brigades, not regiments or batteries. Push your troops hard, and you will recieve points. By the end of my corps length battles, some regiments are well chewed up. You cannot worry about regiments that are low on moral or fatigue. Those are things division and brigade commanders can worry about. You must control the battle, and one regiment here or there will not kill you. You will rack up more points by pushing your men hard rather than letting them rest.

Good luck.
Hancock the Superb
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Well put.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I wanted to say thanks to you guys for all the your help. I finally beat it early Sunday morning (around 2AM). Just like you said, what got me over the top was aggressively counter attacking once the initial attack had been absorbed. I went after every Reb unit I could and kept at it until the end. I've only been playing the Historic scenarios lately so I'm conditioned to either trying to hold or seize an objective. This was very different for me.

It was the last of the first 20 I needed so it was quite a feeling to watch those points roll over 7000 at the end.

Thanks again,

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

I extend my heartfelt congratulations to our newest general. Well done, George. :laugh:
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Thank you, Sir. Providence has chosen me to save the Republic and I shall do so with all the energy I can muster. Even though I am outnumbered five or six to one, I plan to attack immediately as soon as I am ready...

George
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I'm almost ready. Attack is imminent...

George
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Once I am assured of victory, nothing on this earth will stop me from destroying the enemy wherever I find him...

George
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

That's the spirit, George. Once that killer instinct is aroused, they'll be no stopping you. Perhaps even the presidency is in reach... la grele empereur!