Preview

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Amish John
Reactions:

Re:Preview

Post by Amish John »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
Tell me where they can see you and I'll watch the movie again.

How many actors did they use?
There are not shots where you can make me out. I'm one of the thousands in Pickett's Charge. I was on the extreme right of the line (pretty close to one of the cameras up on a crane).

For the number of reenactors see the following along with a bunch of other interesting stuff about the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107007/trivia
Last edited by Amish John on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I must have just missed the video.. :(

I'm sure it was great though.. Can't wait for the new one!
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

AJ, thanks for taking the time to comment on that big adventure of yours.
That was great stuff!;)

As i mentioned, i attended that largest 135th Gburg reenactment which depending on who you believe were almost or about as many Confederate reenactors on the battlefield as there were in the real charge. Being up on a hill behind the Union line, i got to see Confederate brigade and regiment formations wheeling, obliqueing and maneuvering towards the Yankee line historically accurate.
Seeing that mass of gray and butternut humanity marching towards us with their muskets, commanders shouting orders, double quicking, etc.....Just Awesome!

Once the rebs neared the line, it was a constant roar of cannon and gunfire! At one point i was somewhat relieved the Yankees were there to protect us spectators!:cheer:
The only thing that was distracting were power lines leading to the farm house where the reenactment took place. But after the charge started in earnest, i didn't even notice those wires.

By the way, i also attended a Gburg reenactment a year or so earlier to that one where Pickett's charge in the Gburg movie was earlier filmed. Yep that fence was still there.
One day, I'm gonna try scanning some of those 35mm pics i took and post em here!
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I'd like to see those pics.
Hancock the Superb
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Any idea when the Preview video will be available again?
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

yea, thats what I am waiting for, that video. missed it last time.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We are working on it now. I hope in the next couple of weeks, but as this is a busy time for everyone, I can't promise.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

It's the hap-happiest sea--son of all.

We'll try not to panic!
Hancock the Superb
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

norb wrote:
We are working on it now. I hope in the next couple of weeks, but as this is a busy time for everyone, I can't promise.
No problem Norb. I was mostly just checking to see if another one was indeed still in the works. Take your time. Thanks!