Preview

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re:Preview

Post by JC Edwards »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
It isn't the exact music. They modded the Gburg music and added some stuff, the music in the movie isn't quite the same.
Actually it probably is the exact music from the original soundtrack recording. What you hear in a movie is usually and edited version of an extended piece.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Ah. :angry: --- ... :X
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Gunfreak wrote:
one thing, do you have permition to use the music from the movie, those things are copyrighted, and if the game becomes as succsesfull as we all hope, and you don't have permition you might get sued, even if it's only for a trailer
Before we officially release anything we will make sure that we own all rights to everything used in it. That's why we just posted it here and didn't officially release or announce it.
7th Wisconsin
Reactions:

Post by 7th Wisconsin »

Where do I find this preview? My navigational skills stink.
Who is John Galt?
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Look on the first page!!:)
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
7th Wisconsin
Reactions:

Post by 7th Wisconsin »

I feel like the slow kid who can't find Waldo even though everyone else sees him. :(

Please be more specific. First post or home page?
Who is John Galt?
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

EDIT: I see it isn't on Norbs first post anymore, not sure what happened. He could have taken it down or something, sorry for the misguidance.
Last edited by estabu2 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Maybe NSD wasn't sure if they should post it without permission to use the music (if that's the case).

Anyway, they should change the menu selection from "screenshots" to "screenshots and videos" and post it there without the music if necessary.

On a related note, I think the homepage needs a goodlooking screenshot, screenshot slideshow, or video. A big attention grabber right there on the first page.
Last edited by Amish John on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Actually there shouldn't have been any problem with the music in the video since this is not a site that requires it's member's to pay for the services provided within......that's when copyright infringement would occur.

It's like when one quotes lines from a movie script or a verse from a song or poem. If you do it for monetary gain without permission, that is infringement. Other than that, it's just a quote.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Yeah, I'm not up on the legal side of these things. I assumed if NSD used unauthorized copyrighted material to try and sell a product, even in a preview video, it may be a problem for them.

Hopefully, the preview or another preview will be posted to satisfy the curiosity of all visitors to the site.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.