Antietam Press Release

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
norb
Reactions:

Antietam Press Release

Post by norb »

[article=link]151[/article]

Last edited by Little Powell on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Re: Antietam Press Release

Post by Armchair General »

Salivating... Salivating...
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hey, if this was mentioned, I may have missed it, but what are the sizes of the four maps?

Will all of the maps be the newer larger size?

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yes, they will all be the big 5 mile maps.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Thanks, Little Powell - get on born2see - he has omitted all of the useful facts about this product, will be price be the same amount as the last map pack!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Excellent! Will the Antietam maps have the same level of detail as the Gettysburg maps?

When will screenshots be available?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Thanks, Little Powell - get on born2see - he has omitted all of the useful facts about this product, will be price be the same amount as the last map pack!

davinci
A price has not been set yet.
Excellent! Will the Antietam maps have the same level of detail as the Gettysburg maps?

When will screenshots be available?
Yes, they will be very detailed maps. Fences and all. We are taking advantage of the performance enhancements put in the recent patch and more.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Thanks LP. Tough crowd out there. :angry:

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

This is great news. Antietam is one of the nicest "battlefields" that I have toured. It was a great battle where the south was pushed to the breaking point three times in that battle. That leads me to this: With the play testing how is the sunken rode modeled. That position held several direct assaults and only really weakened when it was flanked; How is artillery doing in the game?; I ask this because you are really testing if the weapons effects as modeled are very close to historical; How is the play testing at Burnsides' Bridge? Again, are the weapons effects close to the historical outcomes?

I wish I had the time to volunteer to play test this one.
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I can only speak to Antietam as I'm new to the team but let me say this. Historical accuracy is the primary concern of everyone on the team.

The maps,weapons,commanders, units,and tactics are meticulously researched. This is more of a historical simulation than it is a game. Obviously you have control over your units but if you don't play it historically, you're probably not going to win.

This isn't new. GB and PC were done the same way.

Having said that, there is still much discussion about what constitutes historical accuracy. We encourage that debate and do listen carefully to what others have to say.

I think you'll enjoy Antietam. I sure have.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam