Scenario Twenty-Four problem

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Grognard Pierre
Reactions:

Re: Scenario Twenty-Four problem

Post by Grognard Pierre »

I am not sure about the Generalship or the luck factor but I must have played this scenario 40+ times. Generally I am beaten about and capitulate when I can see there is no hope. Occasionally I achieve 300-350 points.
Once on a dream run I got to 875 but unfortunately I had not saved that game early on and I couldn't improve on things from the late save made. Now I save every attempt immediately after giving the initial marching orders. I have decided to move on to other things, although I am hoping for enlightenment when I revisit this nightmare :laugh:
Frustrating, the bar is set high on this one.
Alice1
Reactions:

Post by Alice1 »

I finally cracked it by flanking the original group at the fence to their left (Player's right) but I was also playing on significantly reduced difficulty settings and Reb posted a modded version of the scenario that removed the grog variants http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/comman ... 4-variants. I hope this helps.
'
Last edited by Alice1 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I finally cracked it by flanking the original group at the fence to their left (Player's right) but I was also playing on significantly reduced dificulty settings and Reb posted a modded version of the scenario that removed the broken variants http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/comman ... 4-variants. I hope this helps.
'
Thanks for this followup. Too many folks just go about their merry way after getting help with an issue.

Too bad that you had to get your win at an easier difficulty setting. Once you improve on you Generalin' skills, give it another shot. It can be beat on the 'Normal' setting, for sure with those grog variants removed. With them hitting simultaneously, maybe not.

Your statement, "...removed the broken variants", is inaccurate. The variants removed were the most difficult versions...not broken.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Alice1
Reactions:

Post by Alice1 »

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I went back and edited my post to remove the inaccuracy.
Last edited by Alice1 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.