Help downloading mods, additional scenarios

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
tnd112901
Reactions:

Help downloading mods, additional scenarios

Post by tnd112901 »

ALCON -

USAF CCATT Nurse (Prior Army Airborne) here....reporting for duty!! First off i just finished this game and absolutely love it, as i did part 1 and part 2.

That being said, can i get step by step directions to download mods and where to place them, access them etc so i can continue to enjoy fresh scenarios?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance...i used to be able to this but just back from a deployment and forgot how!!

Devil in Baggy Pants!!
3/504 PIR, 82nd
rclark14
Reactions:

Re: Help downloading mods, additional scenarios

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, fairly simple- you need decompressor first- I use J-zip for free- then go to mod page in this forum and download then extract with decompressor - then the mods will be in your documents- copy and paste each mod into mods folder inside the SOW game- thne once the game starts go to mods directory and activate each one- it's simple and works real real good- good luck and salute :cheer:
30th PVI
Reactions:

Post by 30th PVI »

ALCON -

USAF CCATT Nurse (Prior Army Airborne) here....reporting for duty!! First off i just finished this game and absolutely love it, as i did part 1 and part 2.

That being said, can i get step by step directions to download mods and where to place them, access them etc so i can continue to enjoy fresh scenarios?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance...i used to be able to this but just back from a deployment and forgot how!!

Devil in Baggy Pants!!
3/504 PIR, 82nd
Adding the MODS is pretty simple. rclark pretty much summed it up. If I can ask a question? What made you decide to leave the Army and 82nd to go AF? Just asking...

Currently DIV HQ
Formerly 1 Panther, Devil, Red Devil, 313th, Falcon

~Matt
tnd112901
Reactions:

Post by tnd112901 »

Matt -
Nice!! It was just time to go, I completed a Green to Gold Scholarship for Nursing, served 5 years as a Critical Care Nurse. My wife and I both were just fed up with the Army Nurse Corps lack of leadership and I was presented with the position I currently have. Best move I ever made, but I never forget my 82nd days!!

Take care and I will let you know if I have any questions!!

Derek
tnd112901
Reactions:

Post by tnd112901 »

OK,
not working. Let's start with this: I am trying to download the bonus scenarios pack from the home page. I download it and go to my SOW folder. I placed it in the WORK folder and then in the SCENARIOS folder, but when i go to the game and click on single player and then click on user scenarios, they are not there. What am I doing wrong?

Have patience, i can be taught!!

Derek
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Download the installer, SOWGB_BonusScenarios.exe, double-click on it, and it will start the installation program. Make sure it points to your mods folder. Once they're installed go into the Modifications section of the game and you should see it. Click on it to enable (yellow box), exit the Modifications section, go to the User Scenarios section, pick the one you want to play and enjoy.

Patience we got. :P Ask away.

B
Last edited by born2see on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
tnd112901
Reactions:

Post by tnd112901 »

B - 100% ready to rock, can't thank you enough. Time to put the battle rattle on and attack!!

Thank you again!!

Derek
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

My pleasure. Glad you're up and running. :)

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
tnd112901
Reactions:

Post by tnd112901 »

OK - I spoke too soon.....did the same thing for Cemetery Hill/Culps Hill Scenario Series......downloaded to MODS folder (i see the folders there)....go to the mods section, click on them for the yellow bow, but when i go to the user scenarios.....only the bonus 15 scenarios come up.....

any suggestions?

D
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

After clicking the yellow box on, did you click 'Use Selected Mods' at the bottom?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...