Steam

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
lemushroom
Reactions:

Steam

Post by lemushroom »

I was just wondering if SOW will ever be released on steam? It would introduce a lot more people to the game. Thats how I found out about TC2M and eventually about SOW.
rclark14
Reactions:

Re: Steam

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, TCM2 is a great game- that is what brought me here- the mods are incredible- this game is much much better- anything realistic is superb- I love Civil War battles- I would like to see more major battles but this is a vast improvement in realism and deserves attention. My fav war game without doubt :P
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah no Steam for now.. Maybe eventually we'll get on there.

And thanks rclark - There are many exciting things planned for the future.. Stay tuned. :)
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

thank you for kindling interest in Amer. Civil War- Civil War combat is my favorite A&E program- seen everyone over 5x- I was hoping they could do more- the re-enactments are superb- this game aides in educating- this is it for me and yes I play chess also- which is strategy , not a grandmaster but I study there books- anyways, this is a great computer and learning game :lol: fabulous
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

rclark14 wrote:
I play chess also- which is strategy , not a grandmaster but I study there books
Me too. I noticed the same comparison.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

hi, yes great game- I play on ICC- met 10 grandmasters in Orlando us open- I only played 2 days because of the hotels are expensive- played in A/B section but I am getting better- cheers- love chess- but I also love war studies- war is conquest :P
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Steam turned us down. They will not give a reason why. I told them that they already carried a game that we worked on, but it did not make any difference. We filled in all the forms and applied, but no go. It is apparently obvious that the folks at Valve do not know which end of the rifle to pour the powder into.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, I hate that- keep trying with them- there is another internet site I was looking at- it is called directtodrive.com- they have good games though I haven't tried any. I tried Empire Total War- and the realism is not there at all- this is it for me- I learned the hotkeys and I prefer this game to any other except the chess game of course- but I am history buff and I fully support this for genuine realism- take care
lemushroom
Reactions:

Post by lemushroom »

Wow! Why in the world could they turn you down? You already have a game with that is similar to the one you are trying to release. They release some junk that cant even compare to tc2m or sow!
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

We don't have to worry about it now really. We are on Impulse now so should get as much exposure as we would on Steam.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.