BloodBath VI

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
rclark14
Reactions:

Re: BloodBathIII plus Rebel Big Browns

Post by rclark14 »

yes, speaking of horrible- try taking enemy artillery pieces with infantry- I appreciate the realism- I believe in flank attacks with diversion towards the center to keep them off balance- nothing is more crushing than encirclement that is surrender time- that is what happened in 1865 to Lee :blush:
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

rclark14 wrote:
nothing is more crushing than encirclement that is surrender time
Yep. Ask the German Sixth Army after Stalingrad.

B
Last edited by born2see on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Yes, that was pivotal. Battle of Stalingrad was the bloodiest battle in the history of mankind. Highly motivated German army- 1942. Giant subject ;)
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I thought RB might appreciate this. From a book I'm reading.

"Battery B went to double charges of canister. Regulations called for the powder cartridge of the extra round to be knocked off so as not to risk a burst barrel, but that was a technique beyond the skills of one of the infantry volunteers serving the battery in the crisis, and he kept loading full double charges; somehow the Napoleon withstood the strain. Men were literally torn apart by this storm of fire. A Union officer saw a shot strike home and "an arm go 30 feet into the air and fall back again.... It was just awful" "Whole ranks went down," Gibbon wrote " and after we got possession of the field, dead men were found piled on top of each other.""

I'm waiting to see that in BloodBathIV

B
Last edited by born2see on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Post by Damned Black Hat »

Ahhh, good old Battery B! If I remember correctly, I believe they did something similar at the barricade near the Lutheran Theological Seminary on July 1st at Gettysburg as well.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: BloodBath IV

Post by RebBugler »

Update, see first post...
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Post by Jubal Early »

Thanks for the update RebBugler its working perfectly. Its good to have some blood and guts back :woohoo:
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Finally installed this MOD, it's a keeper. Outstanding, good job RB.
Armisted
Reactions:

Post by Armisted »

This is such a cool mod! I played sandbox and let my brigade get flanked like crazy just to see what it would look like with all the blood(it wasn't pretty)
Yes I know I spelled Armistead wrong but the correct spelling was already taken :(
Element UK
Reactions:

Post by Element UK »

Anyone want to see a bloodbath..just play Shogun2 and it's newish Blood mod. Limb and heads go flying and if you zoom in max the screen gets splashed lol. You should see Sword Cav hunting down Fleeing foes .