BloodBath VI

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

BloodBath VI

Post by RebBugler »

Upgrade to Version VI - July 23rd, 2014

This mod now includes all the SOW cavalry units and Infantry Death sprites on 8K sized texture sheets providing for improved performance capabilities.

The Union units have been re-textured with a new look brown replacing the stock orange horses, enlisted from the mod Cavalry 8K Packed, which is obviously not necessary while BloodBath VI is enabled

All units are Death sprite enhanced, reflecting the bloody realism of warfare.

Enable this mod for Sandbox play or User Scenarios to provide it's enhancements.

Unzip and copy to the Mods folder:
BloodBath VI

Attention, this mod may not work for you. Before downloading, folks with older graphics cards may want to check out this thread. It explains how to determine your graphics card capabilities:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 189#p63189

Please delete all prior BloodBath releases, they are incompatible with Patch 1.4

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous post, August 2011

BloodBath III plus Rebel Big Browns

This should conclude the BloodBath series with the inclusion of cavalry, time and feedback will tell. Pretty satisfied with the results, could go back and improve some of my early efforts, but I think the improvements would be negligible, and only noticed by me. So, this is my final best effort to date, and I think it represents it's name well.

The Rebel 'Big Browns' were an afterthought, but as I did a few, I was hooked into finishing. Yanks should be done also, but I'm leaving this for now...maybe down the line, hopefully learn some shortcuts. Because now, this browning process is frame by frame, almost died a redundantly mundane death seeing it through.

BTW, Big Brown was a tremendously successful racehorse a few years back, so I coined this with his famous name and winning spirit.

Really big file now with all the Reb Cavalry included, still, no degradation in performance, just altered sprites. As mentioned before, both High and Low resolution sprites are included. So, endure the long download, 30 Mb, but play and enjoy forever...
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: BloodBathIII plus Rebel Big Browns

Post by Davinci »

RebBugler - excellent work on these new horse sprites.

I can't really say that I'm interested in the blood mod , but I will steal the new horse sprites and integrate into my mod!

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks D, no Sir, no stealing, but you can borrow them for keeps. :)

And, this ain't no wimpy blood mod, it's a friggin' BloodBath. heh heh heh :evil:
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More friggin' Info
dgard20
Reactions:

Post by dgard20 »

I think it awesome and real
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Wonderful Things RB - a labour of love :)

much appreaciated
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

And, this ain't no wimpy blood mod, it's a friggin' BloodBath. heh heh heh :evil:
LOL - My Bad!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

RebBugler wrote:
And, this ain't no wimpy blood mod, it's a friggin' BloodBath. heh heh heh

Started playing it and puked all over my keyboard. :sick:
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

I downloaded the mod and it tried to open in windows media player,closed it went back to find the mod and it got lost somewhere.The things that keep me up at night are usually the things that teach me the most. It's not supposed to open in media player is it? :huh:
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

35th Georgia wrote:
I downloaded the mod and it tried to open in windows media player,closed it went back to find the mod and it got lost somewhere.The things that keep me up at night are usually the things that teach me the most. It's not supposed to open in media player is it?
It sounds like a file association problem. Were you trying to extract it after the download?
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, this is a 7Zip compressed file, because it's huge. 7Zip is available for FREE online, add it to your arsenal. ;)