Mods

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
william1993
Reactions:

Mods

Post by william1993 »

How do you even make a mod? can anyone do it?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Re: Mods

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

Yes anyone can, start by reading the sdk.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

sdk?
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

Yeah its in here:

(NorbSoftDev/Scourge of War - Gettysburg/Work/SDK/SOW-GB_SDK v106)

You will need Adobe Reader to view though.

*S*
Attachments
SOW-GB_SDKv106.zip
(1021.13 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

I read it. It looked complicated. I wanted to modify the Devil's Den. I like that one.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

william 1993 wrote:
I read it. It looked complicated. I wanted to modify the Devil's Den. I like that one.
I'm not much of a modder but I think it depends on what you want to do. Lots of help on this board.

B
Last edited by born2see on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I wanted to modify the Devil's Den.
What exactly do you want to do with it? We'll need specifics.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

I want to increase the strengths of the regiments in Ward's brigade, add artillery batteries to the brigade's OOB (Smith's and maybe another battery) and change the types and ranges of weapons in the regiments.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

william1993 wrote:
I want to increase the strengths of the regiments in Ward's brigade, add artillery batteries to the brigade's OOB (Smith's and maybe another battery) and change the types and ranges of weapons in the regiments.
You're not trying to create an unfair advantage are you? :evil: There are some good posts here on The Invicibles mod. :evil:
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Adjusting the strengths can be done easily. The other two items would be some pretty advanced edits and I just don't have the time to explain right now. Sorry, maybe someone else can jump in.

You will need to setup a mod for the scenario. So first, grab the SDK. Inside you will find the Scenarios folder. Find the Devils Den Scenario folder. Create a new folder called "Devils Den Mod" or whatever else you want to call it, and place that folder in your Scourge Of War - Gettysburg\Mods folder. Inside "Devils Den Mod", create a folder named Scenarios. Place the Devils Den scenario from the SDK inside of the Scenarios folder. Make sure you rename the scenario, example "GB08-July2-Devils Den (U-Brig) - Mine"

Now you've got your modded scenario setup and can be found in User Scenarios in the game.

To change the strengths:

Go into the scenario folder of your mod, and open up the Scenario.csv in excel. You can also use notepad but it's much harder to read. Find the line that has Ward's Brigade. You will see his regiments listed. Scroll over to the right and find column O "Head Count". You can raise this number for each regiment.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Little Powell on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.