Wishlist

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
con20or
Reactions:

Wishlist

Post by con20or »

I've seen a few mentions recently of 'if something is popular enough it is more likely to be included' in any future feature patches. I thought I would start this thread, and then once we have a few options we can make a poll of it to see exactly how popular things are. I'll start the ball rolling. I'll also include all of mine in the poll no matter what :evil:

1 When in courier play orders travelling down ranks by courier and no instant 'division move' orders.
2 Enemy sighted/engaged - where? how many?
3 Units not clumping up so much on roads, if you are moving lots of troops by road, you have to pay the penalty, you get spread out. A small forced spacing between each.
4. Form up to the left of/to the right of a division/corps/army, rather than only to a person or single unit.
5. Cannon not so effective against skirmishers.

Thats all I can think of so far, none are gamebreakers, I just think that the first three especially would really add to the realism/immersion.
Amish John
Reactions:

Re: Wishlist

Post by Amish John »

Scenario creator
Zoomable map
Teams of horses that don't disconnect from the limbers
Volley fire for infantry and artillery
More historically accurate formations (such as how a column transitions into a battleline, and wheeling by the flank instead of the center)
Reduce the snake dance
Walking wounded
Units that don't appear to float in mid air when looked at from the wrong angle
A "replay" feature similar to Sid Meier's Gettysburg
As stated by the OP, don't have multiple units occupying the same space and marching through each other on roads
Clear the roads of all those bushes
Stream graphics improved
Improvements designed into the next major release able to be backfitted into SOWGB
Keep artillery from skittering around when acquiring a target
Increase the Oblique firing angle of units to they don't have to wheel as often
That's enough for now
Last edited by Amish John on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

A time machine set to 1863, and a musket for max realism--would that be a patch or a whole new product?

:woohoo:
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

The ability to choose the primary target of infantry regiments, like you can with cannon.

Edit: the Father General, dressed in his all-white ensemble, riding a white horse, holding a bible and a pistol. Of course, all regiments within his radius lose 20% morale and go into autocharge immediately. :evil:
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the Father General bit
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Duly noted gentlemen. I see some items that we're already planning to work on.
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Any of mine :) ?
30th PVI
Reactions:

Post by 30th PVI »

I think the ability for regimental commanders to account for victory objectives. I know it has been brought up before, but I think it would be realistic if used properly with the courier system. As an example.... If I am playing as a Division Commander, I can have a specific Brigade Commander detach one of his regiments and move it to a victory location and Hold at all cost. That way the brigade commander would still command his troops, but the victory location would be held.

Just a thought

Matt
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

A volley command for infantry would be killer,artillery too.
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

my 2 cents

1. couriers that deliver orders to a leader moving at double time

2. units that retreat thru friendly units, and not just runaround in no-mans land

3. routed units that do not rout form half-a-mile from behind friendly lines only to run to enemy lines to surennder

4. infantry hold fire button

5. ammo wangons that can attached to any unit or at least be able to issue orders to

6. ammo wangons that loose ammo when hit by arty

*S*
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

I'd like to see some regimental colors-state flags, or at least the ability to mod them in somehow. i know there are some flags in the game that we don't see, it would be cool to see more.

Volley fire would be cool, and maybe have some effect on the battle?

A dynamic single/multiplayer campaign in the next generation of the game would be amazing.

The Father General in his all white uniform with a Bible and a gun would be awesome. LOL I'd take the morale hit just to see that.