Tripping timers

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
Neal
Reactions:

Tripping timers

Post by Neal »

I know it's an old problem with tripping timers to prevent one side from winning. I also agree that the tactic is "gamey." In thinking of how to address the concern, one possibility came to mind, and I am wondering how it would affect things.

If points were put on a revolving timer, with a small number of points awarded every minute or so, then perhaps the incentive to trip a point (or at least its practicality) would be diminished.

Of course, commanders still have the responsibility of defending the points from tripping, and I like the points being set to a small area.

How would this minor adjustment affect gameplay? Has it been considered or tried?

-Neal-
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Tripping timers

Post by Garnier »

Been suggested many times, and has been tried. It just means whoever gets to the objectives first has a huge advantage in points, so the enemy has to take all of them early on in order to earn them back before the game ends.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

Neal, we usually play with a 250 yard radius , XNS uses 50 yrd radius. with the bigger radius it forces ppl to move there troops out further and makes it harder to weave a unit in to trip the obj. unless you leave holes in your defense . after a few times of getting hit with gamey tactics you learn to defend against it.
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

Okay, good to know. Thanks.