OOP Print Out

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
BOSTON
Reactions:

OOP Print Out

Post by BOSTON »

Is there going to be a print out of the OOB in the next game? and would it include detail info for units included? Something to study before starting a game {senerio}.
A way of keeping track of routed or captured units { let's say a manual check off list},
particularly when it involves a carryover game. I would'nt expect to get a whole new updated OOB print out after each game of a carryover, although it would be nice.

Thanks, hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re:OOP Print Out

Post by JC Edwards »

hoistingman4 wrote:
Is there going to be a print out of the OOB in the next game? and would it include detail info for units included? Something to study before starting a game {senerio}.
A way of keeping track of routed or captured units { let's say a manual check off list},
particularly when it involves a carryover game. I would'nt expect to get a whole new updated OOB print out after each game of a carryover, although it would be nice.

Thanks, hoistingman4
Hey Hoistingman

If you start a carry-over scenario for TC2M, you can take a screen shot of your OOB with all your units and their current strength..... I'm sure you can send it to your printer and get a copy.

with regards

Sarge
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Sarge

Thanks I'll give it a try.
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Sarge

Went to the manual got f4 for screen shots, which are saved in the screenshot folder, getting the folder i don't know how to do. Takeing all those screenshots of each level of the OOB isn't what i had in mind, although it is something that is dueable in TCM2. In the past I hand copied the entire OOB, a little time consuming, however, came in handy latter on getting familiar will all units within a chain of command { including it's quality type, #s of troops and weapon}. It helped alot identifing an enemy composition upon discovery during a battle. After awhile i became less dependent on it, still used it to refresh my memory now and then. Don't know if the AI can assess all that info when it gets near my troops, or plays dumb. I have to wonder if real Civil War commanders knew about the others troops in such detail.

Thanks, hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

'hoistingman4' are you looking for an excel sheet print out? If that is so, you can just go to the OOB folder and pring off whatever day you are playing or OOB and just print off the sheet. If you are looking for a specific set of units, then as far as I know you would have to hand copy them.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

estabu2 wrote:
'hoistingman4' are you looking for an excel sheet print out? If that is so, you can just go to the OOB folder and pring off whatever day you are playing or OOB and just print off the sheet. If you are looking for a specific set of units, then as far as I know you would have to hand copy them.
That would be fine for the general information regarding a specific OOB.;) But, in carry-over scenario's, he would have to start the 1st carry-over, find that specific commander/unit's OOB to see what he had to work with "that day", get a screenshot/s and print that out. There are no .csv files for the stock scenario's.....other than what's in the SDK and that's for open play.

hoistingman4

Once you've taken a screen-shot, the folder is automatically created for you. Just look for it in your main TC2M file/directory.;)

Keep us informed on your progress.:)

Sarge
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Sarge and others

I'm venturing into new territory with these suggestions, something I'm not used {uset} to doing or exploring, let you know the results.

Thanks, hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

A master list OOB black and white print out, {without using the color copier repeadedly before or after scenerios,} something on that idea.:huh:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston