Gods and Generals

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Gods and Generals

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

I know alot of people find that movie to be awful but I think it isn't as bad as people think. It has good moments good battle sequences especially Fredericksburg and First Manassas the intro is done very nicely. I aslo understand there are many slow parts such as the part with Jackson and the little girl which I don't think was in the book but I haven't read it in quite a while. so feel free to express your opinions and feedback on this subject that is why I posted it.
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Gods and Generals

Post by born2see »

DavidAcheson140PVI wrote:
so feel free to express your opinions and feedback on this subject that is why I posted it.
Let's hope RebBugler doesn't see this topic because I believe it was discussed in depth in another one. :evil:
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Oh dear really? Now I feel stupid for having posted another topic of the same thing.
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

That's what I get for not doing my research..
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Oh dear really? Now I feel stupid for having posted another topic of the same thing.
The only reason I know is I was the one who brought it up. It's in the discussion on Ridley and Tony Scott's Gettysburg.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?op ... Itemid=124

RB's Threadrage is a terrible sight to behold! ;)
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

I have seen it before but have never been on the recieving end of his rage. Born I want you to pray for me before my impending demise at the hands of the terrible wrath from Reb for my ignorance about this existing topic.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Born I want you to pray for me before my impending demise at the hands of the terrible wrath from Reb for my ignorance about this existing topic.
My prayers are with you but all you can do is beg for mercy. :(
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Off Topic is not my beat. Do your thing here but no profanity, that's restricted to R and R...The Devil's Den. :woohoo:

My beat is game enhancements, clutter or distract topics and I turn into the Red Bugler...as I have been referred to. :evil:

BTW

The director and the screenwriters ruined what could have been an epic. The superb cinematography and battle scenes were wasted...and I understand they cut a lot of the action out so as to include more of that outrageous dialog. Alas...and I bought the DVD...maybe I'll edit it someday...heh heh heh.
...but just not on my todo list for now...
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Info
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

RebBugler wrote:
Off Topic is not my beat. Do your thing here
Oh Man... I've waiting all day for the Wrath of RB! C'mon, you've got a reputation to uphold. ;)
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Well then guess im off the hook.