TCing Subordinates

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
born2see
Reactions:

TCing Subordinates

Post by born2see »

I'm playing "On to the Round Tops" , which by the way,I'm going to win this morning and in trying to TC my subordinates I noticed it doesn't work correctly for me.

Here's what I did: I selected Law (me), hit the TC Subordinates key, and arrowed through my Brigade Commanders and I noticed that they weren't TC'd by the color of the TC icon.

I've tried this a number of times but the behavior is the same. Now one thing which may or may not matter is I have re-mapped the TC subordinates key from "0" to "Home" because I don't have a NumPad.

Is there something which overrides this command? I'd like to know because keeping these guys where they should be is like herding cats.

Thanks,

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: TCing Subordinates

Post by RebBugler »

I'm assuming that by "TC Subordinates" you mean the 'tcofficers' command. Maybe 'Home' won't assign, try another Key.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

RebBugler wrote:
I'm assuming that by "TC Subordinates" you mean the 'tcofficers' command
Correct. Sorry.
Maybe 'Home' won't assign, try another Key.
Tried "RSHIFT" and "B". The only one who get's TC'd is the one immediately below on the "Down Arrow" key. In this case it's Sheffield.

Before I tested this I made sure all the subordinates were NOT TC'd in case there was a toggle effect and that they were all attached.

Not the most important issue in the world but I'm trying to get as many points as I can and the 'bleeping' Commanders keep wandering off the objective and costing me VP's.
Last edited by born2see on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Really don't know the keyboard problem with this command, hey LP, a little help here.

I just know that the command works as advertised, it's on my toolbar, and is downright handy. It should be on the stock toolbar...demand it and get a following, the band wagon thing ya know. ;)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

RebBugler wrote:
I just know that the command works as advertised
I'm sure it does. When I get a chance I'll test it with a USB keyboard and the stock keyboard.csv file. In the meantime I've got this "mouse" thing. Not quite sure how it works but I'll figure it out. ;)