Terrain Detail

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
born2see
Reactions:

Terrain Detail

Post by born2see »

This is a question for the group. What level of terrain detail do you normally play with? As a new player, playing on Normal, I would play at the lowest level so I could see everything. But as I've become more experienced I've realized you can't see the benefits of the differing terrain, both offensively and defensively, plus it's a more pleasing experience. It's kind of a bleak landscape without the trees, boulders, and fences. Just curious.

Thanks
Last edited by born2see on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Terrain Detail

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

This is a question for the group. What level of terrain detail do you normally play with? As a new player, playing on Normal, I would play at the lowest level so I could see everything. But as I've become more experienced I've realized you can't see the benefits of the differing terrain, both offensively and defensively, plus it's a more pleasing experience. It's kind of a bleak landscape without the trees, boulders, and fences. Just curious.

Thanks
Hi.

I use full Details myself. The only thing I change as far as the terrain is the transparency of the trees. I usually have this between the values of 200-300. You are absolutely right, having the full graphics is the way to go, and much more pleasing to the eye.

Later.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Full detail. I need the visual realism as much as possible.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

Full detail. Makes the fields come more to life
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Max detail all the way around.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I smell a consensus here. Full detail it is...
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

I smell a consensus here. Full detail it is...
We want more detail!!! If you could have more visual detail, what would it be?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

If you could have more visual detail, what would it be?

My vanquished enemies begging for mercy. Beautiful women feeding me grapes after a victory. Sorry. It's late... :evil:
Last edited by born2see on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

i wondered this myself - i use the highest setting

a) because i like the look of it

b) fences provide protection!

i know there is the new map pack soon to be released, and i will buy it, but what i would like most of all, is a performance increase. id pay for that!