Multiplayer questions

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Multiplayer questions

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Little Powell Wrote:
Why don't you guys just pick up the game.. You won't be disappointed..
Little Powell is right, you won't be disappointed. This is hands down the best game for this genre, and you won't find anything better on the market.

I mean for the amount of money NSD is asking for this game it's a steal...

Later.
X Navy Seal
Reactions:

Post by X Navy Seal »

You can get a very good sense of the game from the single player demo. If your friends like that, they will like the game. Multiplayer just enhances the game and makes it endlessly replay-able.
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Post by Lord Ashram »

Yeah, I have the game and wrote a several page email extolling the virtues of the game... but I don't know if any of the other guys who will be there are wargame types... we'll see, I suppose, how it goes:(
X Navy Seal
Reactions:

Post by X Navy Seal »

Well you can always say to hell with trying to get your friends to play and just join Garnier's MP campaign (if you already have the game). I can remember a similar experience trying to get some close comrades I used to play multiplayer Halo with to give this game a shot. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people would rather play things like X Box.
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Post by Lord Ashram »

Argh... keep trying to play multiplayer, and it keeps failing... it says it can't connect. All patched up... tried IP, tried room... very disappointed:(
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Post by Lord Ashram »

Ah okay, got a round going with IP... wish I could edit the OOB for the demo, because I know the group will want to try a larger game of the demo before they commit to such a large number of purchases... I'll keep working on them.
Last edited by Lord Ashram on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

My Lord,

I find it odd your friends won't engage you with a game where the Demo is FREE. It would seem to me they could try it out with your august self a few times and then decide. Curious.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Post by Lord Ashram »

Hey!

Well, they will play the demo, but there are 14 people here, and no one wants to play AGAINST each other, so it makes it only really possible for 2 people to try it at a time:)
ZapDent
Reactions:

Post by ZapDent »

Ok guys we had a problem trying to play multiplayer with three players, one of us could not pick officer but when we tried with two players he could. So it should not be connection/port issue. Any idea you people with your superior knowledge have would be most appreciated.
Last edited by ZapDent on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

When you can't select your officer, leave and join by ip.

We see this sometimes in GCM games, but it is almost always solved by joining by ip.