Multiplayer questions

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Multiplayer questions

Post by Lord Ashram »

Hey all,

Just two quick questions...

Can you play multiplayer with humans vs AI?

If so, how many human players (and how many players total) can play in a single game?

I'm trying to get a large group of people to try the game out, although people aren't sure about spending the money because none of them have tried the game before or know much about it... so trying to convince them!:)

Thanks!
Last edited by Lord Ashram on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Re: Multiplayer questions

Post by Beef Stu »

yes you can play co-op against the Ai. As for limits i don't know , but our biggest online game was 9 vs 8 . so you can get at least 17 people in on 1 game.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

We played an entire campaign once upon a time and easily had 8+ people for all the games (which were co-op). Should be quite an easy task if you can get a good host.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

There are no coded limits to the number of players. Keeping a big game running appears to depend on having a faster system as the host and possibly not too large a range of performance among the players.

Your group can all download the demo and play an MP game among themselves. The only cost is the time to download and install the demo.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Post by Lord Ashram »

Ah! We can play MP with just the demo? I had no idea. What OOBs does it use? Can I do a custom OOB for everyone to play? I haven't had the demo only in a long time and don't remember the limitations:)

I am trying to get everyone to try the game, because I think they would like it, but everyone is reluctant to pay for it without playing a few times and seeing how they like it.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

There is one stock mp scenario that you can play with the demo. We wanted to give everyone a chance to try it out first. Be sure to patch everyone, as there are a lot of fixes we've done.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Lord A,

Also remember there are only 10 unit command positions available in the Demo, and two of them are Higher commands (Army and Corps.) There are only 3 combat commands per side - 2 infantry brigades and a battery each.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Post by Lord Ashram »

Ah okay, thanks much... hmm... that is tough. There is no way to play a custom OOB with the demo, is there? I really want to get a nice big game for everyone with the hope that they'll go for it, but I'm not sure I can convince everyone to spend the money without getting a real feel for it:(
Last edited by Lord Ashram on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

My Lord,

The MP demo game can be quite exciting. You CAN have 6 people playing at once, in full combat array. Simply have your friends play as different groups of 6 in different games. Have them run thru it a few times as different commanders. For REAL fun, once you're bored with the (practice) Kansas map, you can slot in DaVinci's and mine modded Kansas map. HUGE Difference. I did that with my son's game, since he STILL hasen't activated the full game. Get them stuck in.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Ah okay, thanks much... hmm... that is tough. There is no way to play a custom OOB with the demo, is there? I really want to get a nice big game for everyone with the hope that they'll go for it, but I'm not sure I can convince everyone to spend the money without getting a real feel for it:(
No, custom OOBs aren't possible in the demo.

Why don't you guys just pick up the game.. You won't be disappointed.. :)