Gettysburg Entry-level Brigade Scenario Pack

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Gettysburg Entry-level Brigade Scenario Pack

Post by Little Powell »

Scourge Of War Gettysburg: Brigade Scenario Pack
Author: Matt A. Clyburn "Little Powell"
Version 1.5

Important: For version 1.5, you will need to delete your old Brigade Scenario Pack folder in mods before installing this one.

These scenarios were designed for entry level players that are just getting aquainted with the game.

GBBP01-July3-Lost Avenue (C-Reg) - This scenario represents the early AM skirmishing that happend on the extreme right flank of the Union Army on July 3rd, 1863. You are in command of a regiment in this scenario all though it is split into companies to resemble a small brigade.

GBBP02-July1-The First Shot (U-Brig) - This scenario represents the early AM skirmishing and the first shots that opened The Battle of Gettysburg on July 1st, 1863.

GBBP03-July1-Fight at The Brickyard (C-Brig) - This scenario represents the Confederate attack on the Brickyard on July 1st, 1863.

Installer updated to fix score problem with first scenario. Version 1.1

Download Link for installer
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Entry-level Brigade Scenario Pack

Post by born2see »

Thank you. That description certainly applies to me. I look forward to playing them.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Will the OOB that has the regiment broken down into companies be a model that we can expand upon? As in, to make anyone who would normally command a brigade command a company?
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Will the OOB that has the regiment broken down into companies be a model that we can expand upon? As in, to make anyone who would normally command a brigade command a company?
This is already done in the first Cavalry Scenario in the 1.2 patch. It's an SR1 (Sprite Ratio 1=1) where you command a regiment that's split up into companies.

Any scenario can in theory be converted to company level combat (with or without SR1). It's interesting having to maneuver around the different companies.

This would especially make a cool scenario for the defense of Little round top. Having company B of the 20th Maine detached and covering the far left flank.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Thanks for the scenarios. Will get playing them right away.
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Post by Damned Black Hat »

For the CSA regiment scenario, must the objective be taken in order to achieve a major victory? I finished with a score of over 140, but did not pursue the objective since it would have been impractical and against orders. After the allotted time, it was ruled a draw.

These are definitely great additions though. Seeing the onslaught against the Union lines in the Brickyard scenario was something to behold.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

For the CSA regiment scenario, must the objective be taken in order to achieve a major victory? I finished with a score of over 140, but did not pursue the objective since it would have been impractical and against orders. After the allotted time, it was ruled a draw.

These are definitely great additions though. Seeing the onslaught against the Union lines in the Brickyard scenario was something to behold.
No, you actually got a major victory.. There's a bug that requires a 1,000 for a major victory when it should be 100. My fault. I'll fix and re-upload later. :blush:
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Installer updated to version 1.1 to fix score problem.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

Where do I put the OOBS for the file? I put the scenarios into the Mods Folder but one scenario, the Confederate Regiment, will not read the oob for the 3rd Day so I cannot play it.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

You don't need to move the OOBs around. They are installed into the correct place with the installer.

You probably have another mod conflicting with it. Try disabling any other mods that use scenarios and try it again.