Brother in Arms EiB, and RTH30 incredible addon. (not SOWgb related)

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Brother in Arms EiB, and RTH30 incredible addon. (not SOWgb related)

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hello Everyone.

There is an Addon(s) which I have to briefly speak about, and they are WarZone Command for both "Brother in Arms - Earned in Blood", and " Brother in Arms - Road to Hill 30".

I have never seen a mod change a game so drastically like this before. Also this site also hosts an excellent sound mod for both of these games as well you just won't believe it if you don't experience these two mods together. The sound mod is called "jmoney's Real Gun Sounds Mod". Here is a brief description of the sound mod...

Sound Mod Description
--------------------------------
This sound mod was created from actual recordings of WWII weapons. It replicates the distant "pop" and "firecracker" sounds that firearms make during real combat. Automatic weapons sound gritty and more menacing, and the new effects for bullets whizzing by will make you run for cover

Now with a new, easy to use installer and shortcuts to allow you to enable and disable the sound mod. You will have to disable the sounds if you want to play online multiplayer.

-------------End of Description-------------

I have been playing with Warzone for a year or so now, and I can't tell you enough that would even come close to telling you what this mod can actually do. You have to see the new battle graphics...the A.I is just incredible the maps can be played over, and over again with totally different results, you can play multiplayer games with A.I which means you can now play the mp by yourself without having to be online, and the list just continues...

Anyway, her is the link to the most incredible mod(s) ever made for a game.

Website link for all files: http://sites.google.com/site/mjc1975/home

Believe me, if you still play these games, or have them DVD, reinstall them...you will not regret it...EVER!

Cheers...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Brother in Arms EiB, and RTH30 incredible addon. (not SOWgb related)

Post by Little Powell »

Thanks for the link mikesla, those mods look awesome.. I've always been a fan of the BIA games. I've always been a realism nut and the BIA series is as realistic as it gets for a WW2 FPS.
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed May 04, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Thanks for the link mikesla, those mods look awesome.. I've always been a fan of the BIA games. I've always been a realism nut and the BIA series is as realistic as it gets for a WW2 FPS.
Hi LP.

Your totally right, the BIA series gives you that realism. This mod I mentioned just makes it better LP.

I'm playing BIA rth30, and EiB with the mod installed (Warzone, and the new sound pack), and man I'm having a blast with this (whole new game). Give the mod a try, I bet you will have a hard time prying yourself away from the computer. :)

Oh One thing, if you do play BIA (rth30) with the mod, make sure to set the Warzone parameters to battlezone because the Warzone option places too many men on the field which can cause bunching up which just can get you killed allot faster. For the Earned in Blood game set this too Warzone. The maps are much larger, and can handle the extra men on the field. Just remember, you have more allies, but so does the Nazis. If you are bit confused, I could edit the .ini file for you, and post it (real small).

Cheers LP.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

Here is a World War 2 mod for ARMA 2 combined operations that is going to be released in the coming months. This will be amazing. Look further on in this thread for more details pictures etc. Going to be an amazing mod when done: featuring Normandy map, Market Garden map, Bulge Map, and Peleliu Map, among others.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110531

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... 31&page=60
Last edited by Stevedrumsdw on Fri May 06, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi.

I just have been reading the threads on the Normandy Addon (ARMA 2 - AO). I noticed that they are talking "next version" which implies that there is either an alpha, beta, or a release candidate up for download. Would you happen to know if they have released a version yet? If so, then where could it be found? I have searched the Completed Mods section (alpha's/beta's/full releases are to be posted), and nothing is showing up except talk about the next version (outside of course the generalities of the mod itself).

Cheers, and your definitely right, this is going to be one heck of a mod...can't wait! Thanks again for the info...
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri May 06, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.