Hamachi could be used for personal scourge of war Lan server over internet!

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hamachi could be used for personal scourge of war Lan server over internet!

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I am looking to see if a program called Hamaci actually works for playing lan only games over the internet.

My Hamachi ip is 5.196.8.113
Network ID: MichaelSlaunwhite

Hmmm, I have been doing some thinking, since this software is a lan server, this could work out great to have your friends logon to your personal server (hamachi), then hosting a SOWgb game.

If anyone is interested, I'll host a lan game of SOWgb just to test this out.

Here is the download link for the Hamachi software. http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/

So this is how it's suppose to work. I have my lan (Hamachi active) server active, you log onto my lan server (using your hamachi software). Once connected we can than play any game which can be played via lan. People who are on the lan can chat, and you can password protect the server, select your own members to be allowed on your server etc.

Like I said it needs to be tested, but if this software works as advertised, then people can have their own lan parties without having to access the sowgb server.

Here are some review sites of the software.
-------------------------------------------
1. C-Net review
2. PCMag Review. This review is on an older version. The current version now is 2.0.3.89

Later!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Hamnchi could be used for personal scourge of war Lan server over internet!

Put your right BUMP in, take right BUMP out, put your right leg over your head BUMP in, and you BUMP it all about...do the hokee pokee, and thats what it's all a BUMP!

BUMP! :whistle:
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

What's the sense of bumping a thread that is already on top?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

What's the sense of bumping a thread that is already on top?
Because. :)

Your right there is very little point. I don't normally do that actually, it's annoying at best of times.

Cheers...
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.