Silent Hunter 5 Screenshots

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Silent Hunter 5 Screenshots

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Here are a few Silent Hunter 5 Screen shots if you are interested in taking a peek. Some of these are just incredible for a game.

Visit: http://aio1155.x10.mx/index.php?option= ... emid=80#68

Cheers...
GShock
Reactions:

Re: Silent Hunter 5 Screenshots

Post by GShock »

I didn't check your SS but I recommend (if you haven't done so) to install the Mega Mod (currently WIP work in progress). That does add an infinite depth to the game.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I didn't check your SS but I recommend (if you haven't done so) to install the Mega Mod (currently WIP work in progress). That does add an infinite depth to the game.
Hidy Hooooo...

I'll take a peek at the mod.

Just to ask, which mods do you suggest? I have been reading through the downloads at (the best forum known) SUBSIM Radio Room Forums, and try to make heads or tails of any of this is confusing at best.

Are you speaking of the mods created by Darkwraith? This guys work is incredible.

If you can point me to one file which will then open the doors for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks again Gshock!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

Well it's simple you don't need 50 mods because TDW is grouping the most common and immersive mods into his [WIP] Mega Mod. Sojust download that one (with the patch) and install via jsgme.

The game is a pain to play with installing mods up and down constantly... took the fun out so much that I'm waiting for things to stabylize a bit before playing it again but it's a great game, provided you have a good rig to run it.

Of course, the TDW mods are mostly aimed at realism so it also makes the game more immersive and incredibly much much harder. An important premise to clear, it does take considerable skill to handle the sub AND hit enemy ships. People who never played the SH series can't know about that.

Just look for the [WIP] MegaMod thread in the subsim modding forums and you'll find all the links (and instructions) there.
Last edited by GShock on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Well it's simple you don't need 50 mods because TDW is grouping the most common and immersive mods into his [WIP] Mega Mod. Sojust download that one (with the patch) and install via jsgme.

The game is a pain to play with installing mods up and down constantly... took the fun out so much that I'm waiting for things to stabylize a bit before playing it again but it's a great game, provided you have a good rig to run it.

Of course, the TDW mods are mostly aimed at realism so it also makes the game more immersive and incredibly much much harder. An important premise to clear, it does take considerable skill to handle the sub AND hit enemy ships. People who never played the SH series can't know about that.

Just look for the [WIP] MegaMod thread in the subsim modding forums and you'll find all the links (and instructions) there.
Hi Gshock.

Thank you very much...

I have played all the SH series, and you are very correct about it being much more difficult to manage the sub, and sinking ships. I am very sure I'm not as boned up as you are on running a sub in SH5. I did find it really confusing to play at first, the controls are not at all intuitive.

Cheers, and thanks again Gshock, I really appreciate the help.