Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

NSD Hosted Multiplayer Tournaments
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

Post by Little Powell »

The winners of the Semifinal round have been posted and the bracket has been updated.

Still waiting to hear if anyone has completed any of the consolation games. Since last week was a holiday week and it may have been tough for some to play, I will extend the consolation games into this week.

I will post the information for the Championship Game today.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Stay classy Parker.
It's funny you would even show up to say that. I was classy, didn't have my guns anywhere near my lines but lo and behold, the KGs love their cannister I guess. Please let your friend who actually played show up to make smug comments. Your public bitterness is getting old, especially after you said you accepted the loss (what was that, a week, two weeks ago? If you're going to be bitter, don't proclaim your acceptance and then carry on this blatantly public campaign, especially for other people). I accept my loss, I just want everyone to know what happened. I know the truth isn't fashionable, but I will tell it regardless.

Enjoy your cannister Baldwin, make sure you have your metal teeth in.
Attachments
jaws.jpg
jaws.jpg (8.28 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Last edited by SouthernSteel on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Well. . . you won our game by rolling up your guns and using canister. And that was well within the rules and I didn't complain one bit. In fact I congratulated you on your winning tactics. My batteries stayed a full 200 to 300 yards behind my lines in our battle and only used canister when you suicide charged that big regiment behind my lines chasing a very small regiment (and you called me gamey and whined during the game about me running a 125 man regiment away from a charging 400 man regiment). And while that regiment was running around behind my lines, you rolled up your guns and canistered my lines, breaking 4 regiments. I was paying attention to your suicide charge and didn't see you sneak up your guns, well done by you. It worked. You won. I didn't complain.

And now you lose and it's a different story.

And yes, I think it's classless for you to come here and whine and cry about losing. But I'm not surprised.

"If you're going to be bitter, don't proclaim your acceptance and then carry on this blatantly public campaign, especially for other people." -- SouthernSteel

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. I commented on your coming here and complaining about losing by saying "Stay classy Parker." I'm not sure how you get from that to me carrying out a public campaign against you.

Who's the bitter one?
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the bit about bitterness
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

I don't know guys, certainly can't blame anyone for taking advantage of the way the tourney is set up, and I can't blame anyone for complaining about it either. But it is silly, let's not take it too seriously.
Last edited by Garnier on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

Mr Parker whining when he lost? how shocking!!!!!!!
I guess your guns werent up on the line trading canister at the end then?
We each had 1 gun left after the canister ended, Guns were canistering guns and Infantry alike.
My guns moved up to secure the flanks of a crumbling Brigade,if you want to stand and eat canister,
fine just take the loss like a man.

You were complaining and making excuses before anyone even played round 1.
Anyone who cant lose gracefully should not take part in competition.

I really didnt want to even have to comment on this but you just wont let go.
Last edited by kg_sspoom on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Well. . . you won our game by rolling up your guns and using canister. And that was well within the rules and I didn't complain one bit. In fact I congratulated you on your winning tactics. My batteries stayed a full 200 to 300 yards behind my lines in our battle and only used canister when you suicide charged that big regiment behind my lines chasing a very small regiment (and you called me gamey and whined during the game about me running a 125 man regiment away from a charging 400 man regiment).
Hey, my guns (a whole 2 howitzers) were well behind what was left of my lines (easily 100 yards). You pushed, the line disintegrated, and you went for my guns. You even took those guns. You show me somewhere in history where a commander gave a "Turn the other cheek, men!" command, and an entire unit cohesively turned on its heel under fire and marched quickly away from the enemy into their own guns, which were able to also fire upon said enemy. It wasn't a suicide charge, it was planned and I wasn't able to stop them. It's become a well known tactic to wait until a unit charge then quickly pull back because the charging unit is essentially stuck. I confess I wasn't aware I could've hit retreat, but that honestly shouldn't even have to be a consideration under real circumstances unless the unit is beat in melee. You were running my charging unit in circles.
And while that regiment was running around behind my lines, you rolled up your guns and canistered my lines, breaking 4 regiments. I was paying attention to your suicide charge and didn't see you sneak up your guns, well done by you. It worked. You won. I didn't complain.
That part was definitely not planned at all - I figured my large unit was lost because you were going to suck them into your battery and there was nothing I could do. I decided if you were going to pull me into cannister, the least I could do was protect my faltering units with the same method. Howitzers can't hit anything really anyway, so I figured it was really their only use. You may have congratulated me (the sarcasm was there, just as it was here), but you did a good bit of grumbling, and have made sure to bring it up every single time I have seen you since then.

And now you lose and it's a different story.
It actually is. Spoom rolled his guns up blatantly through cohesive units. You kept yours behind your lines, as I did as well. I couldn't do anything as he rolled them straight up through a large infantry unit and was basically entirely shielded from infantry fire. I only rolled mine up, as before, once I started receiving cannister. He said his line was in bad shape, but half my units were literally at 10 or less stamina (several actually at 0) so he was no worse off than I was, to be sure. Both lines of infantry were facing off squarely, and there was no reason at all to do this. Cannon should never be seen rolling up (by hand, not limbered) into an existing firefight (in my opinion). That's what happened, and I got hammered.
And yes, I think it's classless for you to come here and whine and cry about losing. But I'm not surprised.

Of course you're not, your moral and personal superiority make you infallible, and you are untouchable in your conduct, as ever. I don't believe I whined at all, but you can take it as you like. I lost to 8 Union guns in the line of infantry firing cannister in a meeting engagement. I think the infantry kills/etc were likely closely matched, but that swayed the points in a big way. I had an opinion (lo and behold!) that I don't care to play a game of tactics where tactics are tossed to the wind. That's all I said. Duck Hunt is a fine game, except for the laughing dog. He mocks me, and throws me into a blind fit of rage, but you wouldn't be surprised by that either.
"If you're going to be bitter, don't proclaim your acceptance and then carry on this blatantly public campaign, especially for other people." -- SouthernSteel

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. I commented on your coming here and complaining about losing by saying "Stay classy Parker." I'm not sure how you get from that to me carrying out a public campaign against you.
You said you congratulated me, but it was a fairly loaded compliment, and you left right afterwards. I would note as well that it was not without some grumbling as well about me and being gamey and whatnot.
You have, and I am sure others can attest to this, made comments about that game in some way, shape, or form every single time I have even seen you in TS since that time, and certainly in every game. You also come here however long after the fact and make a blatantly sarcastic, snide comment. I've called you on it, and you're holding your hands up, proclaiming to be blameless. You said you were over it, and clearly you're not. All I am asking is not to claim an aire of superiority over me, who supposedly whines about everything ever and is the gamiest of the gamey.

If it's going to come down to this every single game, then I am just saying I don't want any further part in it. It's not whining, it's fact - just because it doesn't make someone look good doesn't make it any less so. I wasn't overly pleased with the way our game turned out, and this last game was even worse. It really just takes all of the fun out of it for me, first these silly tactics then all of these underhanded comments. Saying it's a "good game" may be scripted good sportsmanship, but I don't believe they were good games and as such will not agree to saying so. I think perhaps rules and refs might be a good step for future tournaments, but I don't think I will take part regardless.

UH OH, TAG TEAM ROUND!
Mr Parker whining when he lost? how shocking!!!!!!!
I guess your guns werent up on the line trading canister at the end then?
That is precisely it, thank you for making my point. I brought my guns up to "trade" cannister once you had fired maybe 3 rounds per gun into my lines, through your unit. I only even consider bringing my guns anywhere near my lines once I have received cannister from the other player.
We each had 1 gun left after the canister ended, Guns were canistering guns and Infantry alike.
My guns moved up to secure the flanks of a crumbling Brigade,if you want to stand and eat canister, fine just take the loss like a man.

If that brigade was crumbling, why didn't I ever see a unit fall back? I wasn't pressing them, they were in their starting position of the fight when you rolled your guns up, forward-like, through them. And I did stand there and eat it, and I didn't lose a single unit, and my muskets are what drove off your guns eventually. My entire line was in tact, but because of your cannister on the offensive, the score was badly slanted.
You were complaining and making excuses before anyone even played round 1.
Anyone who cant lose gracefully should not take part in competition.

I really didnt want to even have to comment on this but you just wont let go.
Oh, was I? I don't recall that, so do tell, if you would. I asked about rules, if I recall, and that was all. I did admit some worry about the consciousless, and I have been supremely vindicated on that point. I lost, that was the very first thing I posted, and that would have been all except soldier had to make a snide remark, and I feel fine in defending myself against such things.

What does grace have to do with truth? I explained exactly what happened, and that is in bad taste? Again, I have grace and superiority held over my head as if I am some base, classless jerk. Certainly I don't possess these fine qualities if I call someone out for something!

Perhaps your future opponents can consider it something of a preview of what sort of things they will be facing. But don't worry I've made secret deals with them ahead of time to get some cheese with my whine/super secret spy information (:pinch: no smiley with shifty eyes).
Last edited by SouthernSteel on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

Whatever you want to believe happened is fine with me, my conscience is clear.
If you think I cheated by all means you should say so. If not whats the point?
Should your opponents ask you if their lines are sufficently in trouble before bringing guns to help hold flanks? or should I have waited till lines are routing before bringing help?
The "Tag Team Round" comment is so lame Parker, would you just like your 2 opponents to
be quiet and let you have your say alone?
What exactly other than us surrendering to you would make you happy?

Nice "Classy" move by "forfeiting" other game.
That really tells alot about how good a sportsman you can be.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Too bad about the negative feedback here. Please keep in mind that there are no rules of play beyond 'not tampering with the OOB provided'. Right now it's 'Road Warrior' time.

Now, if this tournament is successful and warrants expanding, I'm sure referees as observers could be considered for more regulated competitions.

So carry on Sirs, and please just kick ass for now, and let this tournament evolve.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

nevermind
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I smell a grudge match in the works... ;)