Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

NSD Hosted Multiplayer Tournaments
Little Powell
Reactions:

Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

Post by Little Powell »

Week 2 Semifinal's Game Information

Type: Sandbox
Game Type: Line Of Sight (No Objectives)
Map: Alpine
Size: Division 1 vs. 1
OOB: OOB_SB_Div_2Arms_S_Day1_MPT_V5
Time Limit: 1 Hour
Score Limit 10,000
MP Options:
Difficulty: Normal.
Map Display Level: All In Sight
Order by Courier: Side
Realism: Unchecked

Player List

Baldwin
Garnier
SouthernSteel
kg_sspoom

Week 2 Winners

Baldwin
kg_sspoom

The week 2 game will be the usual time, Friday Nov. 26th at 9PM

Note: If that date/time is no good for you due to Thanksgiving, you may arrange a different time with your opponent. As long as the game takes place this week. The new OOB will be posted today.
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

Post by Little Powell »

The week 2 OOB has been posted. It has been made completely 100% balanced. It was balanced before, but now it's just ridiculous.. :laugh:

With advice from Garnier, all regiment sizes are exactly the same, all infantry guns the same, all arty guns the same (US Napoleons). Both sides are exact duplicates of each other just different commander/unit names and uniforms. :)

Now I don't see any reason why it would have any problems, but the tester in me doesn't get a warm fuzzy feeling until everything has been tested. If anyone is available to fire it up and give it a run, go ahead and let me know if you encounter any issues.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

The week 2 OOB has been posted. It has been made completely 100% balanced. It was balanced before, but now it's just ridiculous.. :laugh:
I wonder if this preference covers everything in Garnier's life. Bet he loves hardtack - each completely flavorless and exactly the same as the next one :P except for the kinds of bugs present (for you programmer types :cheer: )
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

I started the OOB and ran through all the units on both sides with no crash, so it looks good at 1st look.
There is a issue if you want mirror OOBs the Cannon mix is different U.S. has 4 12# and 4 3-inchers
while C.S. has a mix of 12# 10# Parrots and 3-inch.
Looking at it in spreadsheet shows a couple of possible issues.
Some of the Brigade and Regiment numbers arent correct, lines 58j and 63j (skipped regiment 4)
plus the Reb artillery Brigades numbers are jumbled. (how much these matter I dont know)
Last edited by kg_sspoom on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I started the OOB and ran through all the units on both sides with no crash, so it looks good at 1st look.
There is a issue if you want mirror OOBs the Cannon mix is different U.S. has 4 12# and 4 3-inchers
while C.S. has a mix of 12# 10# Parrots and 3-inch.
Looking at it in spreadsheet shows a couple of possible issues.
Some of the Brigade and Regiment numbers arent correct, lines 58j and 63j (skipped regiment 4)
plus the Reb artillery Brigades numbers are jumbled. (how much these matter I dont know)
That must still be the old OOB. I've noticed our web sever does that sometimes. Even when I re-upload a file, if I don't rename it, it will keep the old version. Let me rename it and re-upload.. Stay tuned.

Ok updated download link to point to Version 2. Thanks KG..
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

All the regiments had 400 men so it looked like a different OOB
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

All the regiments had 400 men so it looked like a different OOB
Ahhhhh I see the problem now.. :blush:

I'll fix and re-upload. Thanks again.

Ok Version 3 uploaded... :blush: :blush:
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

I didn't advise for all regiments to be exactly the same! :side: What I meant was that both sides should have equal regiments. For a random example, you could have the following regiments:

411 men, 5 experience
462 men, 4 experience
510 men, 3 experience

on each side, and it would still be balanced.

And you could have the other stats vary from regiment to regiment as well, so there's a little more tactical choice involved in how you use each regiment. For instance have some regiments on each side with better open order training, some with better close order training, some with better marksmanship, etc. Likewise with weapons even.

You can have balance without taking away variety.
Last edited by Garnier on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

You can have balance without taking away variety.
I think my hardtack comment hit a nerve...:blink:

No, but seriously, glad you lot can do the math on this to keep things straight, I don't think I'd have the attention span or patience to get that done.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Really isn't any math required for the kind of balance I propose here.

Just make a whole bunch of pretty much random regiments and copy them from one side to the other.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign