Tournament 1 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups - Winners Posted

NSD Hosted Multiplayer Tournaments
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Week 1 Information and Sign-ups

Post by Garnier »

Afraid I won our game..
Last edited by Garnier on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Parker's late game canister turned the tide. Well done.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

I believe I won by maybe 40 points? 60? Yes, I was lucky, no doubt, attacking uphill the whole way. I believe Ellis won his too but I'll leave that to him.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

kg sspoom (Union) over JMayer (Confederate) score 334
Last edited by kg_sspoom on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Mac
Reactions:

Post by Rich Mac »

Afraid I won our game..
Great game Garnier. Good luck in the tourney...please try to make me look good by winning it all ;)
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

Parker,

The Father General is pleased to hear you attacked the enemy despite his formidible uphill entrenchments, but how'd you manage to do it with canister?

I gave Baldwin a good whiff of canister too-but that was just for fun, he already had me beat. LOL
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Week 1 Information and Sign-ups - Winners Posted

Post by Little Powell »

The winners for tournament 1 have been posted and the bracket has been updated. Great job guys. :)

I should be able to observe next time (sorry had some thing to do last night). Would love to see the action. :)

And sorry Armistead we didn't get you for the first round. Definitely next one though.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Re: Week 1 Information and Sign-ups - Winners Posted

Post by kg_sspoom »

JMayer and I had 3 observers Neal,Barlow and a Mr Wombat2 I had never seen online before.
I dont think canister was fired in our game.
Last edited by kg_sspoom on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Parker,

The Father General is pleased to hear you attacked the enemy despite his formidible uphill entrenchments, but how'd you manage to do it with canister?

I gave Baldwin a good whiff of canister too-but that was just for fun, he already had me beat. LOL
I brought my 2 gun battery of howitzers up behind my right flank, maybe 250 yards back. That flank was heavily engaged with the remnants of Archer's Brigade and 1 or 2 other regiments. I reformed my line well ahead of the guns but the units were pretty much done - Snell turned to come at me one last time and all but 1 of Archer's units ran straight away. That brought the guns into action, which turned the tide a good bit, although he did manage to take those 2 guns. I fell back with my 2 remaining regiments on one of my two 3-gun batteries right at the end, it was all I had left.

When will the next round's settings be announced and when will the games take place?
Last edited by SouthernSteel on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Well. . . Parker. . . I'm not too sure of your version. After most your regiments on your right had run away, you charged that one big regiment at my little regiment and I ran away, your big regiment followed deep behind my lines, more than 100 yards behind my lines. This I know because my guns were a full 300 yards behind my line, and your big regiment chased my small one until it came within canister range of one of my guns. And then I moved 5 regiments to engage your one big one, certainly not moving toward your guns. Next thing I heard was canister firing into the back of my troops which were firing at the big regiment now behind my lines. 4 of those regiments routed under canister fire. I then charged your guns which were less than 200 yards from my line. Your version makes it sound as if I charged your guns before they fired canister, and that is not correct and you know it.

However, you made a good move rolling up the guns. It worked well along with the suicide charge of your last big regiment. I was distracted and didn't see the guns move up. I went from more than 150 points ahead with 10 minutes or so left to down 40 points in a matter of a couple of minutes.

The tactic won you the battle and was well within the rule-set.

I have no complaint.
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.