All New NSD Music Corner

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Re: All New NSD Music Corner

Post by General P R Cleburne »

Enough to send shivers down the spine and inspire the uninspired!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FFQ0rCm ... re=related
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

Great piece Cleburne! The first time I actually paid attention to the opening of Gods and Generals I had chills up my back. This is really a powerful song.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."-John Wayne
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

One of the true greats in songwriting, Gerry Rafferty, passed from this earthly world January 4 at age 63. Although not in the video itself, he did co-write this timeless masterpiece

And here he is with another unforgettable masterpiece
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

Here we go.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."-John Wayne
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

I've searched for years for this song and never realized it was performed by Donovan.......great memories with this one!:cheer:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

Hahaha, great song Sarge!

What about some Bob Dylan? This song actually got me more excited about going to College than anything.

X Navy Seal
Reactions:

Post by X Navy Seal »

Good choice, man. I first got into dylan in 9th grade and I still listen to him to this day. There is NONE other like him. You will find too that his more obscure songs are even better than his popular ones. As far as albums go, check out his later ones such as "Modern Times" and "Love and Theft" but nothing can really compare to "Blonde on Blonde" and "Blood on the Tracks." They are sublime. Cheers! You do have a good taste!
X Navy Seal
Reactions:

Post by X Navy Seal »

Guess I forgot to mention the album, "Oh Mercy." One of the few good things that came out of the 80s (music wise at least). Unfortunately, all that is available from that album on youtube is this - a live performance (from the early 90s) - thanks no doubt to dylan's "hawkish" attorneys. That is my one complaint about the guy. He certainly is intent on making every last red cent before he passes. But ... I still love him anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoU70Umw ... re=related
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

Cousin Dupree, by Steely Dan, is a great song. A bit of humor in the lyrics. Donald Fagen calls it, "a rural narrative".

OHIO UNIVERSITY
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

Another awesome Steely Dan tune; Baylon Sisters

OHIO UNIVERSITY