Several Questions concerning DVD edition of the game

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
kaplan71
Reactions:

Several Questions concerning DVD edition of the game

Post by kaplan71 »

Hi there --

I downloaded and installed the game several months ago, and have played several scenarios since then. I recently purchased the DVD edition of the game, and I was planning on installing it onto my system. Before I do so, I had several questions:

1. Is it advisable to install the DVD edition over the downloaded version of the game?
2. Will the scenarios that I completed be preserved if I do the previous step?
3. Assuming that answer is yes to questions 1 and 2, does the DVD edition have the latest available patch
already installed, or should I download and install that as well?

Thanks.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Several Questions concerning DVD edition of the game

Post by Little Powell »

Hi there --

I downloaded and installed the game several months ago, and have played several scenarios since then. I recently purchased the DVD edition of the game, and I was planning on installing it onto my system. Before I do so, I had several questions:

1. Is it advisable to install the DVD edition over the downloaded version of the game?
2. Will the scenarios that I completed be preserved if I do the previous step?
3. Assuming that answer is yes to questions 1 and 2, does the DVD edition have the latest available patch
already installed, or should I download and install that as well?

Thanks.
Good questions.

It wouldn't be advisable to install the CD version over your current game because the latest patch 1.103 is more current than the patch on the CD. You can get the bonus content from the CD. There is a folder labeled Bonus Content, as well as an exe that installs the mods.
BillF
Reactions:

Post by BillF »

I was thinking about buying the CD version, but had the same thought. I was wondering if you just created a new file name like "My Civil War" instead of using the Scourge of War when it popped up during installation, would that get around that problem? I'm not real computer literate. Thanks.

BillF
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I was thinking about buying the CD version, but had the same thought. I was wondering if you just created a new file name like "My Civil War" instead of using the Scourge of War when it popped up during installation, would that get around that problem? I'm not real computer literate. Thanks.

BillF
There's really no problem to get around actually. The game on the CD is the same as the game you can download from the web (of course except for the bonus content, and the printed color manual)

As far as patches, you will be downloading them from the Scourge Of War site regardless because you will always want the latest (which is currently 1.103)
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

If you have the download version installed you don't have to and should not install the CD version.