Activation DRM

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
norb
Reactions:

Activation DRM

Post by norb »

[article]98[/article]
ssphillips0
Reactions:

Re: Activation DRM

Post by ssphillips0 »

the activation code is an absolute nightmare! the content of the game is fantastic.. but i've had so many problems with my game being deactivated for whatever reason. then on top of this customer support is extremely slow!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

ssphillips0,

Did you send an email to sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com with your code and email address you used to purchase the game ?

What problems are you encountering with the activation ?

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We really have not had many complaints at all. It's a system that is in thousands of pieces of software, it's nothing we invented. We felt it was the least intrusive. We have never had a report of the game getting deactivated for no reason. I've been playing with the same activation for years. But if you can recreate the game getting deactivated on it's own, please email the details to our support. 90% of the people activate the game once and then never touch it. Many people move their codes between multiple computers with no problems. We've even activated guys on tour in Iraq without internet access.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We really looked into your issue tonight and your code has been compromised. It has been requested to be reactivated from multiple emails, from around the world. This is why you are having issues. Never share your code with anyone. If you will continue to work with us we hope that maybe we can track down how this happened. Since you bought from Impulse, you will have to request a refund from them if that is the path you want to pursue.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I don't know if this is any help what-so-ever, and maybe I am over stepping my boundaries...I came across this little tidbit concerning Impulse, and I'm not even sure if this is the same Impulse or not. It's a small forum thread back in 2011 about Impulse database being hacked.

http://forums.hexus.net/general-gaming- ... -crap.html

Like I said I could be overstepping my boundaries...
dgard20
Reactions:

Activation DRM - N/A

Post by dgard20 »

i just found this. does this still work the same
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

No, the DRM/activation was removed several patches/years ago.