Released Mod Threads

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Released Mod Threads

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Several have complained that they were having problems downloading the KS Napoleon mod. I tried it several times and found that download would stop somewhere between 15-25%. The server seems to time out the download for some reason. I'd suggest a reboot of the server.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Yes, I just downloaded RRC with no issues. Another player reported they had problems too, kept failing at 23%...

I'm not sure what to tell you if I can't re-create the problem. Downloads very fast/smooth for me.. :(
I can send you the corrupt Pea Ridge file I downloaded yesterday and you guys can take a look at it. Where can I upload it so you can grab it?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yes, I just downloaded RRC with no issues. Another player reported they had problems too, kept failing at 23%...

I'm not sure what to tell you if I can't re-create the problem. Downloads very fast/smooth for me.. :(
I can send you the corrupt Pea Ridge file I downloaded yesterday and you guys can take a look at it. Where can I upload it so you can grab it?
There's not much I can do with a corrupt file. Everything is downloading fine for me, therefore I can't re-create the problem. I'll mention it to Norb to see what he can do.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Having the file will prove there's a problem for some of your customers. You can compare file sizes and perhaps do other diagnostic checks on it. Does the d/l server keep traffic logs? These might show bad downloads, or downloads that cut-off before completion... or something!

Just trying to help get to the bottom of this mystery :D
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Victor
Reactions:

Post by Victor »

Hello everybody. Thanks for your feedback. I´m happy to say that the problem seems to be solved. I do not know what happen, but all the links now works, and I downloaded Pea Ridge and the Red River Campaign.

I wish you all, in advance, a merry Christmas.

Best regards.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

00redmd
Reactions:

Post by 00redmd »

There are some mods at the bottom of this site that I cannot find. Help a newcommer to SoW and let me know where they may be found. Cannon sounds, blood mod, ect.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

There are some mods at the bottom of this site that I cannot find. Help a newcommer to SoW and let me know where they may be found. Cannon sounds, blood mod, ect.
Yeah, I'll PM Michael to see if he can fix the links.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Added Cold Harbor and Manassas version 2.

All - If you want your mod listed here, please reply to the thread and I'll add it promptly.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Added MarkT's map pack.