Released Mod Threads

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Released Mod Threads

Post by Little Powell »

Done.
alessillo
Reactions:

Post by alessillo »

Blenheim mod and Fontenoy mod should be added to the Complete Conversion Mods section
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Added, thanks.

FYI - In the future, please include links to the mod. Took some hunting for me to find them.
Victor
Reactions:

Post by Victor »

Hello fellows,

I´m new to this fórum, although I´ve been playing SOW for a long time. I have a question regarding the Pea Ridge and Red River Campaign Mods. I´ve been trying to download the mods I just mentioned before, but there is a sign that says that the archive is corrupt. Somebody have a new link in order to get those mods???

Sorry about my english, I now its horrible, but I hope you understand the overall situation. :(

Regards,
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

It might be something wrong with the server, as other people had the same problem recently.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Try it again. I just downloaded Pea Ridge (speed was really fast actually) and it installed with no issues.
Victor
Reactions:

Post by Victor »

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to download again, and this message appear in my screen:

Error
---------------------------
C:\Users\VDELOINETT\Desktop\SOW MODS\Red_River_Campaign_1864.7z
The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I have WinRar. I do not know what is the problem, I downloaded al the others Mods, but only Pea Ridge and Red River have problems.

Regards
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to download again, and this message appear in my screen:

Error
C:\Users\VDELOINETT\Desktop\SOW MODS\Red_River_Campaign_1864.7z
The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I have WinRar. I do not know what is the problem, I downloaded al the others Mods, but only Pea Ridge and Red River have problems.

Regards
These files are unzipped by the app 7zip...
It's free, safe, and more efficient for zipping large files.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

RebBugler - regarding Victor's post I have Winrar and it can uncompress 7z files. I installed Pea Ridge and the RRC mod using it, and use it all the time on other sites and many 7z files. You don't need the .7z application to open them, so there is no need to suggest to a user that he needs to download more software first.

In the last few weeks our MP group has noticed several people are unable to access some of the files on the NSD server - although after multiple attempts they can usually get the file to download - we had people with this very issue on Sunday evening UK time - so it does appear to be more likely to be a server side issue.

EDIT: To check I just tested this. I get a corrupt file error from Winrar as well, although Winrar has no trouble working with .7z files usually. The Pea Ridge archive was 49,513 Kb.

I downloaded the RRC file on 2 Nov 2013 and it opens just fine. Size 95,456 Kb.
Last edited by Saddletank on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yes, I just downloaded RRC with no issues. Another player reported they had problems too, kept failing at 23%...

I'm not sure what to tell you if I can't re-create the problem. Downloads very fast/smooth for me.. :(