Scheduled MP Game Times

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Scheduled MP Game Times

Post by KG_Soldier »

I work 2pm-11pm cst, Sunday-Thursday but once I get a bit more experience against the AI I would be definitely interested in playing Fridays or any other day I can make a game...

So are those 7pm Friday battles part of the campaign where losses are tracked battle to battle?
Sort of. Garnier's campaign is really about creating fair, good battles. Your troops do carryover and losses hurt some, but the GCM is set so everyone is pretty competitive, so even when you first start, all the other players' divisions won't be much more experienced.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

What's being said is that Monday thru Thursday, and MP game will usually start anywhere from 7:30-8 PM EST. On Fridays, there will usually be a second game after that, meaning probably 10:30-11 Pm EST. The weekends are even more up in the air nowadays, but there generally won't be any games until the afternoon at the very earliest, depending on when people stumble in.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Willard
Reactions:

Post by Willard »

What's being said is that Monday thru Thursday, and MP game will usually start anywhere from 7:30-8 PM EST. On Fridays, there will usually be a second game after that, meaning probably 10:30-11 Pm EST. The weekends are even more up in the air nowadays, but there generally won't be any games until the afternoon at the very earliest, depending on when people stumble in.
"Stumble" being the key word when talking about XNS... :laugh:
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

ahh,8:00 that explains why last night at last I made it at 7 and no one was there except one who was already playing. I actually thought that GCM might have had to go private because of some jerk lousing up the room. :blush:
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I'd like to get a game going tonight about 10 or 11pm central time. Maybe, some of the west coast players would want to show up. It would be a historical OOB and possibly courier or hits.

I would like to see a regular later game after the 7pm eastern game for those of us who cannot regularly make the 7pm eastern game.

If anyone has been wondering about giving mp a shot they should try to make the 7pm game or try to connect online tonight. We would need to meet on teamspeak, though a mic is not required, especially since we may be using couriers; it is just a good place to meet.

It just want to know how much interest this late game might be? Send me a message if anyone has any questions.
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

I'm in the Mountain TZ so I might be able to join a later game from time to time.

As far as the game format, you may consider working up to the use of full HITS restrictions. The 7:00 pm MP game group recently considered trying a HITS game, but ended up experimenting with 40 yd restricted vision (and no couriers). After the game a number of experienced players commented that attempting command of a full division by courier would be borderline unmanageable. Or maybe you had brigade-level in mind or assumed more control would be left to AI subordinates?
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

We've played full HITS before. Playing with 30-40 yards from the saddle is almost as restrictive and not so hard on the eyes.

We've also played couriers before, a while back for sure, and most of the MP community prefers controlling the brigade commanders rather than giving orders to an ai brigade commander. The first thing most of us do when a game starts is to TC the brigade commanders.

I'm up for playing couriers again as a change of pace, but honestly, I find playing with couriers almost more unrealistic than playing without them. I mean. . . how many division commanders sent 500 couriers in a 90 minute battle?
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

I'd like to get a game going tonight about 10 or 11pm central time. Maybe, some of the west coast players would want to show up. It would be a historical OOB and possibly courier or hits.

I would like to see a regular later game after the 7pm eastern game for those of us who cannot regularly make the 7pm eastern game.

If anyone has been wondering about giving mp a shot they should try to make the 7pm game or try to connect online tonight. We would need to meet on teamspeak, though a mic is not required, especially since we may be using couriers; it is just a good place to meet.

It just want to know how much interest this late game might be? Send me a message if anyone has any questions.
http://www.sow.philipmcg.com/c/platte/p ... _teamspeak

Teamspeak link
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I was thinking along the lines that a player would command a single brigade. If we could get 6 players then that would be 3 brigades vs 3 brigades.

More than anything I'd like to see a later game get going, so the rules are debatable. What would be fixed is that the OOB would be historical. I do like GCM and will continue to play it, but I would like to see more historical games at times. The players who only want to play historical will be able to get into MP play and get hooked.

We will see if I can get enough interest in a later game. There are dozens of ways to play this game in MP. Its full potential has not been reached at all.
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

3 December,

Looking for an early game, 1200 CST.