Scheduled MP Game Times

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Re: Scheduled MP Game Times

Post by NY Cavalry »

The GCM site is down for at least a week. I'll let Garnier provide any details.

Until it is back up I will host some games. We have tools like Garniers OOB creator and Leffes' scenario creator. We have options other than just stock oobs and stock game play. The GCM mod does not have support bonus so with any oob that is made the moral is all screwed up (the regiments start off at willing and not high). In my limited testing this is what I have seen. If it is not then we could still use the gcm mod for gameplay. In any games I host I will be using my own mod that is a gcm hybrid. It is simply an older gcm version. It has 200 yard rifles.

I will try to host a game Tuesday the 23rd at 5:30 eastern. I see no reason why we cannot continue with our regular games. They will not be current GCM or ranked.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

I was able to transfer most of the site faster than expected and work out the issues. I tested making a battle and it worked.

Edit: DNS switch is done so the website is up on the new server.

So you should be able to use the launcher to create and record battles, at this point.

(I estimated a week when I was running into problems yesterday and since I'm busy all week I had no idea if I could get it working, so I didn't want to promise anything.)
Last edited by Garnier on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Turbotay
Reactions:

Post by Turbotay »

Is the address still the same? It's not working for me. Am I doing something wrong? The launcher works though, which I suppose is the important part.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Is it still not working?
Turbotay
Reactions:

Post by Turbotay »

The address you posted earlier but edited out still works, but sowmp.com/gcm doesnt...
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

It does take some time for DNS changes to propagate to wherever you get them from and it'll differ for different people. But it should work within a day or two at most.
stonewalljackson
Reactions:

Post by stonewalljackson »

anyone looking for a 1v1?
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
Confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen before Gettysburg

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
southern solider about northern general sherman

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".
northern newspaper about the death of stonewall jackson