Modders Agreement

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Modders Agreement

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I am wondering if all mod creators out there would stick to a standard for installation of their mods.

What I mean is, why are we still suggesting that we overwrite the original files when there is no need. We all know that by overwriting your original files, the new people out there who download the mods not only get confused, and in the end can't figure out why they are having CTD's, and can't play multiplayer because they overwrote the main files.

Please, let's stick to a standard for all mods.

Later!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re:Modders Agreement

Post by RebBugler »

mikesla wrote:
Hi.

I am wondering if all mod creators out there would stick to a standard for installation of their mods.

What I mean is, why are we still suggesting that we overwrite the original files when there is no need. We all know that by overwriting your original files, the new people out there who download the mods not only get confused, and in the end can't figure out why they are having CTD's, and can't play multiplayer because they overwrote the main files.

Please, let's stick to a standard for all mods.

Later!
Great point made, changing the main files will make MP incompatible with stock configurations.

I thought all modders were sticking to the mod structure, guess I missed a post somewhere.
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a goof
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
GShock
Reactions:

Re:Modders Agreement

Post by GShock »

I think we have enough material to publish a Community modpack. That's the best solution it just takes the modders to start working together and since this also implies testing the same files, no overwriting is possible and best results from testing will come true.

Just my 5cent, it makes no point to build mods with different structures after we have the mod installer which works like a charm.