Lee character sprite

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Crikey
Reactions:

Lee character sprite

Post by Crikey »

Download here- http://www.mediafire.com/?oykidsf1o53w7a3

What is it?

This mod is similar to the character mod I produced for TCM2. Lee will look like Lee when standing still. He'll revert to the stock cmdr sprite when moving.

OOB's

The included OOB's enable Sandbox play with this mod, they are the same as the Sandbox versions, these end with MM.

Installation

Lee Mod Version v1
Copy/Paste the folder "Lee Mod" into the SOWGB 'Mods' folder.

Lee will only appear in openplay (sandbox games)

Open game, go to 'Modifications', select Lee Mod
(yellow box to the left of title should appear).

Go to the bottom of the page and select 'Use Selected Mods'

For Sandbox, use OOB's ending in MM.

(Meade is incl too - so you can delete the previous Meade only mod)
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re:Lee character sprite

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Crikey !!!!

Good to see you stopped by and created this awesome sprite of Lee !!

Will we be seeing your other general sprites as you created them on TC2M ?

Still outstanding work, as we can agree from all of the work you did, and still do on TC2M !!

:) :) :)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Crikey – hey, that looks real good, I was wondering when you were going to venture on this side of the tracks!

Chamberlain – now we all know which sprite you want more than any of the others!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Davinci wrote:
Chamberlain – now we all know which sprite you want more than any of the others!

davinci

Hey Davinci

Meade in Union Blue, of course ;)

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

It's great to see the fine art work that was created for TC2M migrating here. Keep it up and let's have more generals!
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

These are very good Crikey. Keep them coming.

Cheers...
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi

Crikey, if I may make a suggestion. If your files are 500k or below, you can upload your files here for faster download without the wait.

To do this just create a new post, and attach a file.

Just a helpful hint from the man with one brain cell. :)

Cheers Crikey, I like your work!
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Thanks guys. Most kind.

I'll convert some more of my character sprites over to SoW. I have quite a few scattered around on various drives.

Before I do so, are there any plans to import the TCM2 generals' & their csv entries into SoW? I saw that davinci had worked out the entries for the infantry and blended in the sprites to fit better with SoW (great work, as usual).

I don't want to replace the SoW generals completely but I'd like to use the old graphics for some of the character sprites, unless they look really out of place or their inclusion places too big a burden on the RAM limits.

Why?

If appropriate csv entries for the TCM2 generals are made available as an option in SoW, I can just mod these and swap across the character mods. If not, I'll need to mod the SoW general graphics. I can do the latter, as you've seen, it's just more time consuming.

Thanks.
Last edited by Crikey on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Crikey wrote:
Before I do so, are there any plans to import the TCM2 generals' & their csv entries into SoW?
It can be done the same way; I did it, but found that I liked the default General's due to the fact that they have better animation!

But, it all comes down to how much ram is available on some machines. I have found that adding in multiple sprites is not the biggest factor in game performance.

The greatest impact seems to be the units marching at the same time. Once the marching stops, and the fighting begins, the fps seems to raise a little, due to the fact that road calculations are no longer needed!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!